Cologne/Aftershave of the Day

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
Jbbmad2

Re: Cologne/Aftershave of the Day

Post by Jbbmad2 »

Quorum
Bruce
Proverbs 3:5-6
Gig'em!
brothers

Post by brothers »

Superior 70 Mentholated
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Jabonman Vanilla-Cinnamon aftershave balm.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Santa Maria Sandalwood aftershave.
Regards,
Squire
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Cool Mist
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

Acqua di Genova 1853, based on one of the oldest Italian colognes, created in 1853 by Stefano Frecceri for King Vittorio Emanuele II. A pretty typical Colonia-type scent, it is described as "delicately floral," with a woodsy base, lavender and rose tones, and top citrus notes. The scent, lasting for a couple hours on me, is light and clean and especially good for spring and summer, and the aftershave is soothing.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Penhaligon's Lords aftershave, a real classic. Originally created in 1911 for Percy Croft of the Croft Port Dynasty. Released to the public in the eighties with the name Lords. In 2004, the fragrance was named Douro after Portugal's famous port region. In 2009 the fragrance packaging was changed and the scent was renamed Douro Eau de Portugal.

Top Notes: Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Bergamot, Lavender, Basil. Heart Notes: Neroli, Muguet. Base notes: Labdanum, Oakmoss, Musk, Sandalwood.

A while back it was my favorite scent, but it has drifted down the list somewhat now, although I still like it a lot.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Floris Santal splash aftershave, with a sweet, somewhat complex sandalwood scent. It is very soothing. I like it a lot, and it is one of my wife's top 2 or 3 favorites.
"Santal opens with bitter notes of bergamot and lemon, which rise out of green grass freshness and spicy notes of black pepper, cloves, green cardamom and nutmeg. Warmth of spices stands in opposition with aromatic freshness of lavender. Sensual wood, incense, musk and vanilla are in base notes. Santal was launched in 2002."
_______
John
churchilllafemme

RazoRock R-160 Almond aftershave balm, a sweet, somewhat thick and very soothing balm.
_______
John
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Pe-Re-Ja kolonyasi limon
churchilllafemme

Truefitt & Hill 1805 aftershave balm.
"A rich, soothing moisturiser that contains lanolin and aloe vera extract... specially formulated for gentlemen with sensitive skin. 1805 was originally derived from a formulation known as the 'Palmerston Bouquet,' which dated back to the late 1850s. Fresh and oceanic, 1805 has top notes of bergamot, mandarin and cardamom, combined with a lavender, geranium and clary sage heart resting on a sandalwood, cedarwood and musk base."
Although it is not a favorite, I have liked it because its light aquatic scent complements some of my shaving soaps and creams nicely. However, it finally is starting to sting a little when I apply it, so I may end up throwing it out rather than finishing the bottle.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary aftershave balm. As noted in its ads, it is thin, sort of between an alcohol-based aftershave and a standard balm in consistency. It scent, described as "a fresh cologne, aquatic, floral and aromatic, with woody base note and amber," is pretty weak. It is very pleasant but at all exciting or stimulating in any way. There are top notes of bergamot, lemon and tangerine; middle notes of lavender, jasmine, and geranium; and base notes of amber and vetiver. It is nicely soothing following a regular non-irritating shave. The glass bottle is attractive but feels somewhat precarious, probably slippery in a wet hand.
Add: There seems to be something in this balm that irritates my skin a little bit, beginning a few hours after application. I'll have to keep an eye on it.
Last edited by churchilllafemme on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
_______
John
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Myrsol Agua Balsamica
churchilllafemme

Acqua di Genova splash aftershave. The scent was launched in 1853, and the unisex fragrance was created by perfumer Stefano Frecceri. Top notes are lemon, bergamot, neroli, and sweet orange; heart notes are orange blossom, lavender, rosemary, and rose; and base notes are amber, musk, patchouli, and citrus concentrates. A classical colonia, this aftershave is fresh and citrusy and quite soothing, with no burn at all. The scent only lingers for an hour or two.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

St. James London Collection aftershave, a classic cologne-type aftershave. With an initial citrus tang, it mellows quickly into woods and spices and a slight musky note. There is a marked "gentlemen's club" flavor to it, warm but somewhat formal. I find that it complements very lightly scented or unscented shaving soaps nicely. It lasts a good while, at least 3-4 hours. Difficult to find and relatively expensive.
_______
John
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Ralon
churchilllafemme

Vintage Floris No. 89 splash aftershave, old-school classical and "synonymous with suave." It is a woody and powdery fragrance launched in 1951. Top notes are bergamot, orange, lavender, neroli, nutmeg and petitgrain; middle notes are geranium, rose and ylang-ylang; base notes are Virginia cedar, oakmoss, sandalwood, vetiver and musk. My wife's favorite - and mine.
_______
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

Superior 70 mentholated splash
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
churchilllafemme

Vintage Ralph Lauren Safari aftershave balm. Safari for Men was launched in 1992. Top notes are aldehydes, artemisia, coriander, lavender, green notes, neroli, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are cyclamen, carnation, cinnamon, tarragon, jasmine and rose; base notes are leather, sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk, oakmoss and cedar. It has a very complex, spicy, cologne-type fragrance, fresh, woody and outdoorsy. Citrus and sandalwood are prominent for me. The balm is quite thin and is completely non-greasy, absorbing quickly. It has a slight initial burn but then is very soothing.
_______
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

Superior 70 Mentholated splash
Gary