Shaving soap or cream of the day

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
brothers

Re: Shaving soap or cream of the day

Post by brothers »

OSP Grapefruit & Menthol tallow shaving soap - UK
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

Fine Platinum soap
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

I can't imagine getting more than 2 or 3 more shaves out of the OSP. Next up is a full puck of Tabac.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Today's shave was #59 with the tub of OSP Grapefruit & Menthol tallow shaving soap from the UK. Now it's all used up and tomorrow's soap will be a full puck of Tabac. If all goes according to the plan, I'll keep on using it daily until it's all gone.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Tabac
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

It's been a long time since I used Tabac. I am reminded that I really like the scent. When I use a new soap, I am always looking for a lot of residual slickness when water is applied just before the touch-up pass. Tabac is very slick, and that made happy.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Tabac
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Tabac soap
Gary

Royston

Post by Royston »

Meißner paste, Morrocan Rassoul. A nice spicy scent and very nice after shave feel which lasts ages.
J T

Post by J T »

Cremo Sandalwood
~ Jack
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tabac
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Tabac seems to be an under rated soap around these parts. I've just finished up some outstanding artisan tallow soaps. They have nothing on Tabac. My apologies to Tabac. With the right brush this is a superior shaving soap. Brush = finest badger.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Tabac
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Yesterday I stumbled onto a serious sale on Tabac. Smallflower (Merz Apothecary) is selling the 3.5 ounce pushup stick refills at 40% off. I bought more than enough to qualify for free shipping. The timing couldn't have been better. I am just now in the process of re-discovering the well-documented lathering and performance benefits of Tabac shaving soap. Now I've got a king's ransom in Tabac soap headed my way. I might use it as a refill in a stick, or I might just smash it down into the Tabac glass bowl. Doesn't really matter, does it? :) Just knowing I'm going to be using it up one stick at a time for a very long time to come makes me happy.
Last edited by brothers on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Tabac
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Tabac
Gary