Shaving soap or cream of the day

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
pausted

Re: Shaving soap or cream of the day

Post by pausted »

Proraso Wood & Spice cream
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

pausted wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:46 pm Proraso Wood & Spice cream
Basil, I've been curious about the scent of this shaving cream. What's your impression? Is this the one that comes only in the giant tube?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

brothers wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:49 pm
pausted wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:46 pm Proraso Wood & Spice cream
Basil, I've been curious about the scent of this shaving cream. What's your impression? Is this the one that comes only in the giant tube?
Gary, I'm terrible at describing scents but, I don't get much wood. I get a nice spicy and maybe a bit of floral scent. I find it quite pleasing and it lasts well throughout the shave. I use the Clubman Whiskey Woods A/S with it and think it goes well.

Yes, it comes in the big tube. When I bought mine, I squeezed out enough to fill an old Trumper tub and gave the rest of the tube to a buddy. It's a lot of cream for the money. The cream is unlike any of the other Proraso creams I have used. The texture is very different. It's quite thick and sticky. I lather it in a bowl, about a walnut size amount. It lathers easily and produces a lot of great lather. It really is good stuff. At some point, I'll probably try another of their scents.
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Thanks Basil. I was wondering about the texture being different than the standard mentholated Proraso we are all so familiar with.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Executive Shaving

Post by Executive Shaving »

For me, it has to be the new Martin de Candre Shaving Soap in Wooden Bowl
martin-de-candre-wooden-shaving-soap-bowl-executive-shaving.jpg
martin-de-candre-wooden-shaving-soap-bowl-executive-shaving.jpg (736.49 KiB) Viewed 8034 times
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today's soap was Tim's vetiver.
Gary

pausted

Post by pausted »

Vulfix Wild Lavender cream
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today begins a few weeks with Alpine Frost shaving soap from Strop Shoppe.
Gary

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

This morning I cracked a tub of re-formulated Body Shop Maca Root shaving cream. It’s as good as ever. One of the best deals available.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Alpine Frost from Strop Shoppe
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Alpine Frost
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Morning Ghost (vetiver) soap made by Cold River
Gary

pausted

Post by pausted »

Ogallala Bay Rum and Orange soap
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Farewell to the lovely Morning Ghost vetiver from CRSW. Rotated out of service today until May 21, 2020. It's a pleasure to use such a nicely scented and high performing shaving soap.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

English Fern (tallow) shaving soap.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

English Fern
Gary

pausted

Post by pausted »

Catie’s Bubbles Rose cream
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

English Fern
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Barbershop Professional Shaving Bar soap
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Musgo Real 2019 shaving soap.jpg
Musgo Real 2019 shaving soap.jpg (38.46 KiB) Viewed 7634 times
Gary