Shaving soap or cream of the day

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
brothers

Re: Shaving soap or cream of the day

Post by brothers »

XPEC mentholated
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

cyril :D
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

XPEC mentholated
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

Soap Commander Love (rose)
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

XPEC mentholated - all gone now - shave # 101
Gary

churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

Woods of Windsor shaving soap (vintage) in a Wedgwood bowl. A brief side story: just before WWII, when the two Wedgwood brothers flipped a coin to see which of them would inherit the mantle of running the family fine china business, the one who lost the coin flip came to American, where he was one of my father's roommates at Harvard. Subsequently he became a doctor and a leading researcher in pediatric immunology. When I decided at age 32 to return to college to become a doctor, I worked part-time in Dr. Wedgwood's lab while doing premed studies, and when I eventually became a pediatric immunologist myself, he was one of my mentors.

The soap is a very fine one, with excellent lather and wonderful skin care.
_______
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

Following the passage of the XPEC yesterday, I moved on to the predecessor to XPEC --- Domenico Caraceni 1013 shaving cream, Italian made, of course. Great stuff.

Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

My first shave using the Cyril Salter's French Vetiver shaving cream. All of the positive things that have been posted about Salter's is accurate. It's a very fine shaving cream.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

trumpers rose

clive
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

churchilllafemme wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:45 am Woods of Windsor shaving soap (vintage) in a Wedgwood bowl. A brief side story: just before WWII, when the two Wedgwood brothers flipped a coin to see which of them would inherit the mantle of running the family fine china business, the one who lost the coin flip came to American, where he was one of my father's roommates at Harvard. Subsequently he became a doctor and a leading researcher in pediatric immunology. When I decided at age 32 to return to college to become a doctor, I worked part-time in Dr. Wedgwood's lab while doing premed studies, and when I eventually became a pediatric immunologist myself, he was one of my mentors.

The soap is a very fine one, with excellent lather and wonderful skin care.
Terrific story, John! Thank you for sharing that bit of history with us. What a cool connection your daily shaves.

Also, great soap!
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
brothers

Post by brothers »

Asylum Vetiver Bourbon soap
Gary

Bill_K

Post by Bill_K »

D.R. Harris Rose shaving cream, for only the second time, ever.

The scent! The lather! Oh, my. So intoxicating.

I definitely have to get the 'Pink' aftershave milk.
Bill
pausted

Post by pausted »

Nancy Boy Signature cream

This is a very nice shaving cream. I have had the tub for at least two years and it has not dried at all. Unusual that it has stayed soft all this time.
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Morning Ghost tallow shaving soap by Cold River Soap Works (CRSW).
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

MdC

clive

p.s. great story John. i hope that more of the smf membership gets to find it
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today's shaving soap was one of Tim's hand crafted custom soaps. Flawless!
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Noberu amber lime
brothers

Post by brothers »

Morning Ghost shaving cream soap (vetiver)
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Cyril Salter's Solid Shaving Soap
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Men's Soap Company Himalaya shaving soap
Gary