Shaving soap or cream of the day

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
brothers

Re: Shaving soap or cream of the day

Post by brothers »

AOS creams will fill my dance card until the first of the year. Today it was Rose Absolute, and yesterday's was Peppermint.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

will have to try the rose one day...ughhhhhhh :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

DRH Marlborough stick 2 days in a row now.
PS: It just seems to be getting better, as I move through a few of my best brushes.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Cedarwood homemade shaving soap. 7 years old, minimal ingredients none of which are tallow. The lather is quite frankly unbelievably thick and creamy. Must be getting better with age. I still have 5 left.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Today's soap was the homemade Tobacco scented bowl.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

My homemade tobacco scented shaving soap is the soap of the day for the next 34 days unless it gets all used up first. If that happens before February 14th I'll be using a stick of homemade cedarwood scented shaving soap.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

The homemade tobacco scented soap ran out today after 58 great lathers. The absence will be short due to the switch to a stick of cedarwood scented homemade.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Good morning! Massive snowfall and temperature of minus 2 F outside today. And it's Monday! Nothing like a great shave to guarantee smooth sailing. Today and 45 mornings ahead with a rotation consisting of 3 nice tallow based Fine shaving soaps to look forward to! First up will be Snake Bite, followed by Green and Fresh Vetiver. I'm a lucky guy! 😀
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Even though it's not my favorite vetiver scent, I've got to keep using the Fine Fresh Vetiver soap. Makes a great lather regardless of how it smells.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

For the next few days my soap will be Solsetio with tallow and lanolin, made by Strop Shoppe. Out of business now, but the soaps were brilliant.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm within about 3 more weeks of bi-daily shaving with the Pen's English Fern soap. The Zenith boar brush duly lathers while the Schick/General makes the 2 day whiskers disappear and effortlessly leaves behind a smooth surface that will yield a new crop for harvesting on Monday next when the shaving soap of the day - guess what - English Fern - dependably devours the fresh whiskers in the wink of an eye.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

D.R. Harris Peppermint Shaving Cream. Worked quite well with the Zenith Boar brush and the General.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

TOBS Cedarwood cream.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

trumpers rose....remains the best soap ever made!!!! :D :D :D :D

clive
brothers

Post by brothers »

fallingwickets wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:02 am trumpers rose....remains the best soap ever made!!!! :D :D :D :D

clive
Clive, True that! :D Ten years ago I had a tallow puck of this one, and I still miss it.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

The rotation tells me I'll be alternating between Tabac stick soap and Joris/Plisson hard soap for the next 6 or 7 weeks.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Joris/Plisson hard soap reacted extremely well with the Zenith boar brush this morning. Tight, no bubbles, rich and creamy lather.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Plisson hard soap
shavings best kept secret :)
brothers

Post by brothers »

After this morning's enjoyable Joris shave, I've only got 2 more scheduled shaves with the newly-discovered (to me) Joris before the next soap comes up.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

This morning's excellent BBS shave was courtesy of the iconic AOS Rose Absolute shaving cream, lathered and applied by the Elite Manchurian White brush.
Gary