Safety Razor of the Day

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
brothers

Re: Safety Razor of the Day

Post by brothers »

J T wrote:Gary what was the weight of the original Colonial brass handle?
Jack, being solid brass it weighs 77.8g.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Brass General / Kai
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

The Kai Captain blade is doing very well after only 4 daily shaves and two to three weeks to go before changing the blade. This is with Tabac soap and the Brass General. Now I'm already looking ahead to an opportunity to use a Feather blade just so I can make a better evaluation of the effectiveness of the Brass General in contrast to the Kai/BG combo.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Brass General / Kai
Gary

J T

Post by J T »

Futur / Polsilver
~ Jack
brothers

Post by brothers »

Brass General / Kai
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

After a week or so of using the Brass General, I'm going to revert back to the aluminum General tomorrow. Don't ask me --- there's just something missing --- what can I say! Gotta do what we gotta do. Keeping the same blade though (Kai). It's only got about 8 shaves on it. Should be good for another couple of weeks?
Gary

J T

Post by J T »

Futur / Polsilver
~ Jack
brothers

Post by brothers »

General /Kai
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Today marked the return to my aluminum head General razor. It definitely (in my particular case) cuts my whiskers more efficiently than the Brass General. I had to give the pretty brass razor a try but I like the original much better.
Gary

J T

Post by J T »

Futur / S I
~ Jack
brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Kai
Gary

J T

Post by J T »

General / KAI TITAN
~ Jack
J T

Post by J T »

Gary

The newsletter had mentioned a kAI blade problem with the Brass General.
~ Jack
brothers

Post by brothers »

J T wrote:Gary

The newsletter had mentioned a kAI blade problem with the Brass General.
The blade fits a little too snug on the little pins. Not a problem, but the blade doesn't just fall off. It has to be grasped on the ends to lift it off the pins.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Kai
Gary

pausted

Post by pausted »

Colonial General / Feather Pro
Best regards,

Basil
J T

Post by J T »

Futur / S I
~ Jack
brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Kai This is a new blade, shave #1.
Gary

J T

Post by J T »

Futur / S I
~ Jack