Safety Razor of the Day

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
brothers

Re: Safety Razor of the Day

Post by brothers »

General/Schick
SOTD Homemade Cedarwood 01March2019 (2).jpg
SOTD Homemade Cedarwood 01March2019 (2).jpg (64.51 KiB) Viewed 9817 times
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

Colonial General / Kai Captain Original
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Schick P (14)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Schick P
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Schick P blade showed up today for #22 and left behind a very smooth shaved face. I see it going another 9 or 10. Hopefully.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Schick P blade, General razor (took the past 3 days off to enjoy some straight razor comfort)
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

The Schick Proline P blade was honorably discarded today after 28 close and comfortable shaves this month.
Gary

pausted

Post by pausted »

Colonial General / Feather Pro
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Schick P
Gary

churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

Wolfman WR1-SB/WRH7 Titanium
Personna 74 Tungsten (8)
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

Weber DLC/UFO U2V1 Brass
Personna 74 Tungsten (9)
_______
John
pausted

Post by pausted »

Muhle R89 / Gillette Platinum
Best regards,

Basil
pausted

Post by pausted »

Colonial General with a new Feather Pro blade. Great shave!
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

General razor - Schick Proline blade - Great shave!
Gary

pausted

Post by pausted »

Colonial General / Feather Pro
Best regards,

Basil
pausted

Post by pausted »

Razorock Mamba / Gillette Platinum Plus

I bought this razor several months ago. It's a very nice stainless razor but I'm still trying to figure out how to get a good shave with it. It is very mild and it gives me a passable shave but nothing like I'm used to when using my Colonial General for example. Oh well, I'll keep working on it.
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Basil, I've come to the conclusion that my General is as good as I'm ever going to get. When I hit that sweet spot, my search ended. I've been trying out some of my favorite old straight razors just for fun, and I made a decision that I'm never going to compare any other razor's performance to the General. Instead, I'll just use whatever other razor I might use on rare occasion, but I am at peace knowing that the next morning I'll always enjoy one of the best shaves of my life when I reach for the General 99% of the time. It's a great feeling.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Today's shave marked the final time I'll be using the same Schick Proline blade which was placed in use on April 1st. I believe it was shave # 27.
Gary

pausted

Post by pausted »

brothers wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:25 am Basil, I've come to the conclusion that my General is as good as I'm ever going to get. When I hit that sweet spot, my search ended. I've been trying out some of my favorite old straight razors just for fun, and I made a decision that I'm never going to compare any other razor's performance to the General. Instead, I'll just use whatever other razor I might use on rare occasion, but I am at peace knowing that the next morning I'll always enjoy one of the best shaves of my life when I reach for the General 99% of the time. It's a great feeling.
I’m with you, Gary. For me, the General is the gold standard and I use it the vast majority of the time. My preferred blade is the Kai Original. It simply doesn’t get any better. I pull out a DE on occasion purely for the sake of variety but always revert back to the General pretty quickly.
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Yesterday's new blade starting off the month of May was the Kai Captain Original
Gary