Safety Razor of the Day

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
brothers

Re: Safety Razor of the Day

Post by brothers »

General / Kai
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Kai
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Bill_K

Post by Bill_K »

As a newcomer to traditional shaving I started out with a sample pack from the store in which I bought my razor; it contained samples of Astra, Personna (Israeli Reds), Feather, and Merkur.

My favourites to date are the Israeli Reds, by an enormous margin. The last week of shaves have been so good I had to restrain myself from bragging to my friends about them. In contrast, the Feathers resulted in a bloodbath that would have made Quentin Tarantino sit up and take notes.

I have an assortment of samples blades that just arrived from Razorbladesclub on eBay, but they'll have to be spectacular in order to knock the Personas from the top perch.

To sum up today's SOTD:
- razor = Merkur 38C
- blade = Personna (Israeli Reds)
- soap = Tabac
- after shave = Truefitt & Hill 'Grafton'

Bill
Bill
brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Kai
Gary

Bill_K

Post by Bill_K »

Today is the last day for the Personna Israeli Reds before I move onto the Lab Blues. That realisation makes me rather sad, since the Reds have given me such terrific shaves. (My wife has noticed the BBS shaves of late.)

- razor = Merkur 38C
- blade = Personna (Israeli Reds)
- soap = Like Grandpa (Lime) https://likegrandpa.com/collections/sha ... shave-soap
- balm = Tanglewood (Man! That's the Balm!) https://tanglewoodsoap.ca/products/man- ... on-for-men
Bill
brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Kai
Gary

Bill_K

Post by Bill_K »

Today marks the second day of shaving with the Personna Lab Blue blades. This second shave, while definitely an improvement over the first, is still not the brag-about-it-to-your-friends experience that I get with the Israeli Red blades. I did get a closer shave today than yesterday, but at the cost of some sensitivity on my neck. Live and learn, I guess.

- razor = Merkur 38C
- blade = Personna (Lab Blue)
- soap = Like Grandpa (Lime) https://likegrandpa.com/collections/sha ... shave-soap (Yesterday it was my favourite: Tabac)
- balm = Tanglewood (Man! That's the Balm!) https://tanglewoodsoap.ca/products/man- ... on-for-men (Yesterday, Truefit & Hill's "Grafton")
Bill
brothers

Post by brothers »

4-12-18 General / Kai
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Kai
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Kai
Gary

pausted

Post by pausted »

Colonial General / Kai Captain Original
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Kai
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Kai
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Kai
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Kai - this was shave # 26 and the blade will now be replaced.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Feather Pro - first shave on this blade. So smooth, no nicks or cuts. Looking forward to the next 2 or 3 weeks with this one.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Feather Pro
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Feather Pro
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Feather Pro
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

General / Feather Pro
Gary