SOTD : August 1, 2016 - August 7, 2016

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
therazorguy

Sunday 7 August 2016

Post by therazorguy »

Sunday 7 August 2016

Mastro Livi CarboInox Italy

Still on vacation and still enjoying shaving with the two Mastro Livi razors I recently added to my collection. Today was the turn of this breathtaking CarboInox razor with a stripe pattern and the Italian flag inserted on the scales. An absolutely stunning masterpiece, an incredible CarboInox made by joining carbon steel and martensitic stainless steel together, created by the genius and talent of Mastro Livi. Not to mention the impeccable excellence in shaving with a super smooth edge honed to perfection by Mastro Livi. A superb, super smooth, close and velvety shave, a feather caressing the skin. For this shave I also used Tcheon Fung Sing Barbe Rosse shaving cream, with a lovely almond scent, it is a soap with a good performance, not to mention a very cheap price, a classic Italian soap you cannot be wrong in buying it. Mennen Skin Bracer is the after shave I like using in summer because of the pleasing cooling effect provided by menthol, very refreshing with a lovely fragrance.
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing Barbe Rosse
  • Brush: Omega Brush 89
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Strips CarboInox Italian Flag, 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Mennen Skin Bracer
The RazorGuy - StraightRazorChannel on Youtube and Google+
brothers

Re: SOTD : August 1, 2016 - August 7, 2016

Post by brothers »

For Sunday morning's shave, the first batch of my homemade shaving soap with Cedarwood fragrance (11Nov13) did an admirable job without any burning or any other unexpected details. It's a nice soap. The Brazilian Platinum Plus and the Darwin are a great combo. No nicks or cuts. Smooth results. Tomorrow I'll use the Lime variety to see if it yields the same great results.

Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Re: SOTD : August 1, 2016 - August 7, 2016

Post by CMur12 »

Sunday night:

Razor: Mergress (on lowest setting)
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus from Brazil (via Walgreen's)

Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Valobra Shave Stick (converted into a cake)

Lather made on top of the soap
Two-and-a-half passes

Aftershave: Cold water rinse and Thayer's Peach Witch Hazel

- Murray