SOTD June 29 - July 5

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Re: SOTD June 29 - July 5

Post by TRBeck »

Semogue 1800 bristle
Speick hard shave stick
Rockwell 6S on plate 5
US Personna Med Prep
Lucky Tiger aftershave
Eau de Rochas Homme
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Filarmonica Doble Temple, homemade soap, Simpson Tulip 4, Trumper's Skye:

SOTD050720.jpg
SOTD050720.jpg (98.59 KiB) Viewed 2069 times
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
jgreenepa

Post by jgreenepa »

85F1C960-E44E-4389-8A59-1479BFC2D85C.jpeg
85F1C960-E44E-4389-8A59-1479BFC2D85C.jpeg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 2066 times
SOTD SUNDAY, JULY 5, 2020

The holiday was a lot of fun. We had 16 instead of 17. One of my grandsons elected to spend the afternoon with his girlfriend’s family. Go figure! The women oohed and ahhed over my new great-granddaughter, Jennifer. The men enjoyed beer, bourbon, scotch, pulled pork, hamburgers, hotdogs and cheesesteaks. But back to my shave this morning. I just may be keeping one of the two Damascus razors my son, Ben, gifted himself through me. On pure whim this morning, I grabbed and stropped One 40 or more times telling myself, “I’ll give it a shot, if there’s a problem, I’ll just grab the Feather SS Kamisori with the loaded Feather Super.” Well dang if this little razor didn’t feel better in hand and easier to shave with than my 5/8 Dovo Special! I lathered up my face with the mentholated Kapo Fresh I had laying around with my Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378. I’d forgotten what a nice lather it generates, nothing like my beloved Nancy Boy, but dang close.

I started the face shave on my dominant left side, and noticed the heft and feel of this razor was markedly different than the Dovo during the start of this WTG pass. The balance seemed better, and it just mowed through the whiskers. This baby is sharp as it came from the maker shave ready! Makes me wonder whether the Dovo could benefit from a honing. Switching to my right hand produced more of the same. I wonder whether my less than exemplary shaving experience with the Dovo was just the result of a dull edge. It did sit in a drawer for almost 5 years. In any case, the second ATG pass with the Damascus using a Kamisori grip left me firmly in DFS++ territory. Nothing need be said really about the noggin shave. The wonderful Shake Sharp Model 1.5 did a splendid job in two passes (WTG, ATG) reducing the noggin stubble, even on the 5th shave with these stacked Sunekos. A quick alum check revealed no heat except just below my Adam’s Apple, a traditional trouble spot, and a clean bill of healthy for the VBBS delivered to the dome. Humphreys Lilac WH cooled the front of my neck down, which was further accelerated by Osage Rub and finished with Cremo Cooling After Shave Balm. I feel refrigeratingly cool, clean and definitely velveteen!

RAZOR: 7/8 Full Hollow Damascus Koa Scales (Mug), Shake Sharp Model 1.5 (Dome)
BLADE: Two Stacked Suneko DE (5)
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
CREAM: Kapo Fresh Menthol
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.
De Gustibus Non Disputandum
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Semogue 830 boar bristle
Tim's Soap - Sandalwood
Rockwell 6S DE - plate #5
Personna Med Prep day 1
Lucky Tiger splash & tonic
20200705_110549.jpg
20200705_110549.jpg (638.96 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Sunday night:

Razor: Rockwell 6C (on setting/plate 2)
Blade: Tíz (excellent blade from Iran)

Brush: Semogue 2040 (silvertip)
Soap: Tim's Soap, Prototype S6

Lather made on top of the soap
Two-and-a-half passes

Aftershave: Cold water rinse and Thayer's Peach Witch Hazel

- Murray