Questions for Veterans and Rookies

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
rcymozart

Post by rcymozart »

1. About 5-6 days each week.
2. I've never gotten as close on my neck as my cheeks without irritation. Frankly, I'm glad to know others that use a DE have a similar experience. That said, I just started with a DE, so that may change in the coming weeks/months.
3. Haven't been shaving with good creams long enough to know for sure, but I'm a pretty loyal guy. Once I find something I like, I tend to stick with it.
4. No significant other to speak of, but I think it would be easy to rationalize the expense by not shaving for a week. :)

Good questions!

Robert
wrath186

Post by wrath186 »

I'll put my two cents worth in.

1. I shave once a week. I used to shave more, but my skin can't handle it. Still a relative noob so I'm working on technique

2. Can't get my neck as close as my cheeks. Technique still eludes me, but I keep trying.

3. I like Trumpers, Nancy Boy, Proraso. . .well just about anything

4. None of the women I see have any complaints, although one did comment about how many brushes and razors I have.
Seanholio

Post by Seanholio »

1. I shave every other day, currently, but I'm still very new to DE wetshaving.

2. My neck is nowhere near as smooth as my cheeks. I do hope to get a close approximation in the future.

3. My taste in scents has evolved as I've grown older. It is heavily influenced by what my SWMBO enjoys, since she is the second most important benefactor.

4. My SWMBO needs no justification. I'm not putting us in financial jeopardy with this indulgence, and she likes it when I smell nice. I didn't use shave creams before, since I used a Mach III in the shower, so I never smelled of anything but wet man afterwards, to her disappointment. She's now a big fan of AoS Sandalwood aftershave.

-- Sean
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

mparker762 wrote:
Bargepole wrote:Incidentally, verb. sap.: SWMBO draws the line at my taking shaving brushes to bed. I can't quibble, really. Compromise is the key.
Clearly you're not using them correctly. Maybe try a stiffer brush, like a small style 1 rooney.
CHUBBY #2 SUPER

8)
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

1. I shave six days a week. Either Saturday or Sunday gets skipped, depending on my social schedule.

2. My cheeks are smoother than a few spots on my neck. Still working on that one....

3. I'm still relatively new to wet-shaving (I think I'm still shy of the requisite 250 posts :lol:), so I have enjoyed an outburst of SCAD, which has helped me decide which soaps/creams/scents work well for me. You learn ... mistakes aren't expensive and they're always educational. :D

4. No SWMBO. The budget and the bathroom are mine, all mine (most of the time, anyway)!
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Here you go with my answers.

I shave everyday. I rather miss a meal than miss my shave.

It's takes lots of practice but yes your neck can be shaved as smooth as your cheeks.

Sure I have SCAD... We all catch it after awhile.

Here comes the tricky question. I can teach a whole class on how to aquire shaving products without your wife finding out. You do have a PO Box right? You can get deliveries at the office right? You have those boxes that hide under the bed don't you? I'm sure you have that tool box that has wrenches on the small top compartment and shaving stuff in the bottom. I'm just getting started. This question could end up being answered by writing a whole book.

Really, I just tell my wife to buy what she wants and don't worry about what I buy and it works out just fine. We're two old folks that have been married 37 years and we have stopped arguing about money long ago.

Being poor isn't so bad :lol:
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.