I've figured it out now; Thanks everyone!

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
LtMac

I've figured it out now; Thanks everyone!

Post by LtMac »

After reading answers from everyone to my thread titled "What could I be doing wrong" a few days ago, I studied my technique and razor angle for a few days and bought some Proraso cream to replace the hard soaps I've been using. It truly made a difference. Today I had a nice comfortable shave with only 1 minor nick, and that was from rushing at the end because my wife was waiting on me to go somewhere. The cream made a big difference. Thanks everyone!

Don
In God We Trust; All Others Checked Through NCIC
Str8G8r

Post by Str8G8r »

Isn't it great when it all comes together? It just gets better from here on out as well. :wink:
--Charlie
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Glad everything worked out, Don :D

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

Excellent. And your technique will continue to improve...
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Don, Congrats. From having read the posts of MANY newcomers to DEs on the forums for several years now, I would say that the average learning curve takes around a month, before it really starts to 'click'. This is only an average, mind you...some are fortunate, and it comes together quickly, for some it can take up to several months ( hello, Sam ). But 'click' it does, if the member tries to take suggestions, experiments, and keeps at it. Glad to hear that it's improving. The blade angle is crucial for good DE shaving.
Regards,
Gordon
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Hello Don,

Remember: "A good lather is half the shave"

Keep up the good work.

Bill
Don't think......shave.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Congrats, Don! Doesn't it feel great to finally achieve that great shave? I'm glad you made it. Now the acquisition disorders will start to rage like a bonfire doused with gas. ;) (And we'll be sure to pour lots and lots of gas on your AD.)
Kalypso
Poster of Easy Virtue

Good going!

Post by Kalypso »

Way to go! Your next assignment is to keep doing exactly what you are doing now for the next 6 months. After that, you are free to experiment with one thing at a time........
"I want my money back for this suit. You're nancy-boy cream leaked all over the pockets -- Suits ruined.".....Kenny Banya

Some call me Doug.....

http://www.modelplace.com/?op=member&id=3448
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

....ahhh yes the "waiting wife" - the greatest challenge to a flawless shave! :wink:

Glad things have turned around for you -
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.