Irritated face

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
Johnny_Z

Irritated face

Post by Johnny_Z »

My problem comes after the shave, sometimes a day or so later. I'm using a Gillette (I think, it's been a while since I bought it) and a soap I found at CVS Pharmacy(Blue and white box). After I shave I use a balm I got at Bath & Body works. It's a mild burning/irritation and my beard around my chin feels especially prickly. My skin is rather sensitive and dry.

Any ideas?
Rob

Post by Rob »

Shaving soap makes my skin super dry. This could be a problem for you. Run over to CVS (Walgreen's maybe, too) and buy some Palmolive shaving cream in the red tube. Or try Target's spa section and pick up some Proraso shaving cream.

I'm not sure why you'd have irritation a day after a shave. Normally irritation should happen immediately after a shave or shortly after applying aftershave. Have you tried other aftershaves? Maybe the soap is the irritant.

What blades are you using? Have you ordered a LetterK blade sampler pack?
jdavis54

Post by jdavis54 »

It could be the soap you use to wash your face with. Perhaps your slightly allergic to that and when you wash your newly shaven face the next morning or that night, whenever you happen to bathe, it causes irritation you normally wouldn't experience.
Jordan

Money might not buy happiness, but it will let you choose the misery that suits you best.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Johnny,

Try Kiss My Face moisturizing shave cream. My skin is less dry and less irritated when I use it. It's reasonably priced and gives a great shave!

Steve
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Johnny Z, You are using a Gillette what? It is a DE razor? Johnny, make small changes. If you change everything at once you won't know what you did that fixed your shaving problem. When you make a change such as a different shaving cream you need to give it a few days to see if it works. If the cream doesn't work then try a different blade. Again give that a fews days to see what happens. You have the picture. Stick with it and you will find out how to get a great comfortable shave.
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
Rob

Post by Rob »

And thus the Goldfather has spoken. Heed his words.