Shave tonight OUCH!

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
canman23

Shave tonight OUCH!

Post by canman23 »

OK, I always shave in the shower but, tonight I got some new T&H 1805 cream and wanted to try it out. Here is what I did.

1. got a really good lather with the cream
2. wet face with hot water then hot towel
3. more lather another hot towel
4. hot water shaved (new Fusion razor)
5. hot towel more lather shaved at 45 degree angle
6. hot towel and then some cool water.
7. Anthony oil free moisturizer and as soon as I put the Anthonys on OUCH serious burring and that has never happened before. Where did I go wrong? Could it be because my face is so use to the shower shave that it didnt like the sink shave?
GregCavi

Post by GregCavi »

Having not used the Anthony or knowing the ingredients, I cannot comment on that other than perhaps allergic reaction, but a definite culprit could be the fusion. I would suggest picking up a DE or a sensor excel

Greg
canman23

Post by canman23 »

GregCavi wrote:Having not used the Anthony or knowing the ingredients, I cannot comment on that other than perhaps allergic reaction, but a definite culprit could be the fusion. I would suggest picking up a DE or a sensor excel

Greg
I got 2 straight razors on the way and should be here very soon. I have never used a DE before.
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Canman23, I suspect that you got a closer shave than you are used to with the shower shave. The Anthony's must have alcohol as an ingredent as may aftershaves do. On a very closely shaved face that could cause the burning. The Fusion is not an easy razor to handle. I suggest if you continue to use a DE razor that you get something less aggressive to start with such as a superspeed.

In one of your post you mentioned that you have 2 straight razors coming. Please use caution starting out wetshaving with a straight razor.
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
Shave Monkey

Post by Shave Monkey »

I have had the exact same experience with the Anthony oil free moisturizer and I use a DE. Through trial and error I have found that if I apply some Coral Skin Food first and then wait a few minutes before applying the moisturizer it does not burn.

YMMV

- Joseph
jbc

Hi

Post by jbc »

Remember me from the badger forum, I come around here on ocasion. I still think the fusion is behind all of your problems. That said your streights shoudl eb able to take care of the problem.
JBC
Nuts about wet shaving