3 week shaving with a DE here saying HI

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
mike77

3 week shaving with a DE here saying HI

Post by mike77 »

Well I switched from the mach 3 to a feather DE I got off classicshaving.com and got there blades as well. I got a cheap brush from CVS and the soaps from walgreens to start.

The shave was much better then what I was getting and also got some witchezel and some headlube and Paraso pre-shave.

Today I want to the mall and picked up some shaving cream from the body shop that (I had read about on here) but have not tried it. But then I made the mistake of going to bath and body works and they carried Co Bigelow so I got there shaving cream there face toner smells so good to,and a pure Badger bush(small for $24) the other one I have was bores hair.

Also got there shampoo smelled very good to.

So how did I do?? spent total of $80 at the mall.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Sounds like you're off to a good start Mike. The basic equipment you describe will provide a sound footing from which to expand into future acquisitions.

A badger brush, drugstore shaving soaps such as Williams or Surrey and a simple de with blades are all you need to develop a good shaving technique. As your tastes develop, so to speak, you can spend, well, alot more money, on stuff that may increase your asthetic appreciation of the shaving experience but what you've got will provide very good results as your skill evolves.

Regards,
Squire
mike77

Post by mike77 »

Yea I can't wait to try the Bager brush was dam small for $24 but it is really soft also can't wait try there shaving cream says on the box that was made in italy which makes me think it could be alot like parazo shaving cream.

I have been looking at the high end english soaps and the art of shaving but can't get them local would have to mail order more stuff so I know Co Bigelow is a good company so I jumped on the chance to pick up there stuff.
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Welcome to SMF. As Squire has already said, you are off to a good start. Keep going and have fun. You will find that the shaving cream from The Body Shop is good stuff.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hey Mike, welcome to SMF! If you're wanting a very nice brush let me recommend two.

1. Savile Row SR-204, Get it at QED: http://qedusa.com/ (I have this one.)

2. C & E Best Brush, Get it at Crabtree & Evelyn: http://store.crabtree-evelyn.com/acc130147.html

Both are great value for the money and perfect starter/newbie brushes. In fact, I love my SR-204 so much I have never upgraded. I know several people here who are quite seasoned in shaving who love their C&E Best Brush.
mike77

Post by mike77 »

Thanks always had a good time reading the forums you guys are the best thanks mike