I'm a little disapointed with my first shave.

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
jrgroucho

Post by jrgroucho »

Oops. I must have missed the post when you switched to the Futur. Sorry, that thing wide open would be a little aggressive.

--
Jeremy
><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º> .
· `·. . , . .· `·.. ><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º>
Bobby Jimmy

Post by Bobby Jimmy »

Success! I had a good shave this morning. It took an hour but Fat Boy at 5 did the trick for me. I could still get a closer shave with Fusion, but considering this was my 3rd DE shave I'm very happy.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Now that you've had success, it will only get easier. There will be ups and downs, since there are lots of mistakes you haven't got around to yet, :D but at least you know it works. Hang in there - light and smooth - have fun!
jrgroucho

Post by jrgroucho »

Glad to hear it. I got terrible shaves with cartridge razors so my expectations for DE weren't that high. My first really good DE shave happened about a week in and then I started acquiring razors and wanted to try them all at once so I didn't stick with anything for too long. As a result my shaves were not that good. I now use the same razor/blade for at least a week, and I'm thinking of only using one for the whole summer I am away. Keep us updated and feel free to ask more questions. I learn something new on this board everyday.

--
Jeremy
><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º> .
· `·. . , . .· `·.. ><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º>