Will shaving once-a-day make your beard grow more?

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
Bobby Jimmy

Will shaving once-a-day make your beard grow more?

Post by Bobby Jimmy »

I usually shave twice a week with Gillette 4-blade razor. That's right, I shave every third day.

With DE I have to shave every-single-morning. I'm newbie and I guess I'm still learning how to get a close shave with DE.

Am I going to have more beard follicles and stronger beard if I increase my shaving schedule from every-third-day to once-a-day?
MaduroMan_wcp

Post by MaduroMan_wcp »

nope

edit to add
age has more effect on how much hair you have.

for 8 years I shaved twice a day w/ no hair increase on my face...
Bobby Jimmy

Post by Bobby Jimmy »

For a future reference, I found good Wikipedia article about it. The short answer is: yes, if you are in puberty; no, it will not if you are an adult.

"Many people traditionally believed that shaving would cause the hair shaved to become thicker and darker. However, this bit of conventional wisdom has been disproved. The resulting stubble only makes the hairs seem to be thicker, as a shaved hair has a blunt end as opposed to the tapered end of an unshaven hair, and because hair is often darker in color near the root. Clinical studies have demonstrated that shaving does not have an effect on hair growth rates or density (see medical data below)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaving

Pretty cool, huh.
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

HMMMMMMM!!! I've seen this thread/topic before.
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

If this worked, balding men would be shaving their heads like mad. :lol:
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Racso_MS wrote:HMMMMMMM!!! I've seen this thread/topic before.
Yes, you have, and here it is. Bobby, if you read through this thread, it should more than debunk the myth you're wondering about. If after reading it, you still wonder if shaving will spur your beard to grow faster and more fully, then I suggest you avoid stepping on cracks in sidewalks and masturbation, lest you cause your mother permanent debilitation with which you will be unable to assist her due to your blindness.

~ Nathan