Cap on my Proraso cream is busted!

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
frikazoyd

Cap on my Proraso cream is busted!

Post by frikazoyd »

Alright, so the cap on my tube of Proraso shaving cream broke. It has an inner part with the threads, and the outer part that you actually turn (and, unfortunately, also contains the part that CLOSES the end of the tube.)

Does anyone happen to know what kind of lids will fit it? Does anyone have a lid they can spare? Any other ideas for how to seal it? Right now it's just sitting upright on the big outer piece of the lid.

Thanks.
-Billy
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

First I would put the tube in a zip loc bag. Then scavenger around the bathroom and check out the almost empty tubes of toothpaste, etc. and compare the lids.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Goosemeplease

Post by Goosemeplease »

Billy
You can squeeze the tube into a tub or empty cosmetic pot.

In a pinch you could use a Yogurt container or small Tupperware.
Jim
Lil' Shaver

Post by Lil' Shaver »

If you have the pieces, I suggest trying to reglue them back together.
I have some stuff called GORILLA GLUE and it is amazing. I use if for just about everything.
Also, you might try your local hardware store or auto parts store. They have rubber vacuum hose caps. They often come in a variety size pack and are super cheap...a buck or two.

dwight
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

I over tightened my Taylors cap once, it broke and I glued it back with super glue. I took the ring that stayed on the tube and the cap and washed them both (It needed it anyway) and lined them up and put a couple dots of super glue on the broken surfaces and pressed them together, then let it sit for about 30 minutes. Screwed it back on and didn't try to over tighten it when using it from then on. It lasted all the way till the tube was finished, which coincidentally will be today. :shock:
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Two words:

Duct Tape
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

You could whittle down a cork from a bottle of wine. Of course, you'd have to drink the wine to stop it from spoiling.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

Barclay Crocker sells neat little tubs for creams, and they're just the right size for a tube of shaving cream. I squirted a full tube of Tabac shaving cream into one. I like using cream from a tub rather than a tube. (They also have a smaller tub like the one at the link. Browse a bit.)
frikazoyd

Post by frikazoyd »

Leisureguy wrote:Barclay Crocker sells neat little tubs for creams, and they're just the right size for a tube of shaving cream. I squirted a full tube of Tabac shaving cream into one. I like using cream from a tub rather than a tube. (They also have a smaller tub like the one at the link. Browse a bit.)
Very nice link, I'll have to take a look at that.

I honestly hadn't thought about emptying the tube into a tub, I may have something that it will fit in around here.

Thanks all for the tips! All good ideas.
-Billy