Allow myself to introduce....Myself

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
wytstang

Allow myself to introduce....Myself

Post by wytstang »

Hope this is the proper place for introductions (looked to be). The names Danny better known on mustang boards and car detailing boards as Wystang. First and for most I must say thank you too Rob for making a great starter list Thank you sir you are a gentlemen and a scholar. Also a thank you to the members who are willing to share there tips and tricks so others can learn. I'm still in the learning stage but did get to somewhat wet shave today. Definitely a new more enjoyable shave but still much to learn and many old habits to break. Man was it hard to keep from adding pressure, I constantly had to remind myself not to. The shaving vid on youtube helped as far as visual learning goes. So was the shaving blog. What I used todays was the Merkur HD long handle (Christmas gift from mother in-law love that women) with the included razor and the C.O Bigelow (Proraso) shaving cream (awesome shaving cream). Still to come is the sample blades, Badger brush (Omega possibly), and shaving bowl.
Learning....
MaxP

Post by MaxP »

Danny-

Welcome to SMF. You'll enjoy the people here.
Regards,

MaxP

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Abraham Lincoln
wytstang

Post by wytstang »

Thanks for the welcome Max, I've lurked for a couple of weeks and found that there are some good members here.
Learning....
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Hi Danny - Welcome!

It sounds like you're off to a good start. Now that you have found our little community, you will find it a great place to visit, seek answers, and share experience.

- Murray
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

Welcome to the fold Danny! I do have to agree with what Murray said here and the most valuable piece of advice that I, or anybody for that matter, can give you is TAKE IT EASY! I, along with a great percentage of the other mambers, tried too hard for a perfect shave at the beginning. All that will cause is fruistration and pain, blood and irritation! This is a great group of people, I think that you will like it here. Don't be shy with questions we would be more than hapopy to answer them. Oh by the way, I would look out for this Clive fellow (fallingwickets) as he has a very strange way of making a guy buy TWO razors he was trying to decide between! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! Damn your well shaved face! :lol: :lol: !

Warmest regards, Niksa
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Welcome Danny!

You are off to a great start. The sample blades will be fun to experiment with. As mentioned there are a lot of good topics to read up on and good advice to be bestowed just for the asking.

Welcome aboard. Fasten your seat belt and have some fun.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Welcome to the board Danny!
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
wytstang

Post by wytstang »

Thanks folks it's great to be here and be part of this experience. This should be very fun.
Learning....
BlankTim

Post by BlankTim »

Oh Sweet! A detailer!
That's my next OCD! :P :lol:

Anyway, welcome Danny. Settle in and get ready for the good stuff! 8)
-Tim
...So I lathered him with me shillelagh...
paperpundit

Post by paperpundit »

Welcome Danny!

You'll find a great bunch of guys here on the board, all willing to share the challenges and triumphs they have had on their own shaving journeys. Feel free to talk about all those embarrassing shaving bumps and nicks!

All the best,
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Danny, welcome to SMF

Clive
looking forward to the porsche mustang debate!
de gustibus non est disputandum
wytstang

Post by wytstang »

BlankTim wrote:Oh Sweet! A detailer!
That's my next OCD! :P :lol:

Anyway, welcome Danny. Settle in and get ready for the good stuff! 8)
Detailing is a very $$$ OCD trust me I only detail my 2 cars and family and friends occasionally. I have at least $500 worth of tools and products. I need cheaper OCD lol.
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.....
Learning....