Grooming Lounge Shave videos..

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
cvc

Grooming Lounge Shave videos..

Post by cvc »

I came across these videos on how to shave properly. These are great videos as the guy actually shaves his face and thoroughly explains the products used and how to correctly use them. There are many videos so just use the side bar at youtube to view them in proper sequence. Here are a few to start with..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSkemUOkA94&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlL-O3K6 ... re=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6lh9dXzpOg&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49foTYAO ... re=channel
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

well,,,,,,,,,i think his methods have a lot to be desired ......

maybe he needs to back to school

or maybe he is a gillette employee
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Yikes! 3758 thumbs DOWN :lol:

if you;re going to watch videos do it right...

http://www.youtube.com/user/mantic59?blend=6&ob=4

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
suffolksupplies
Vendor

Post by suffolksupplies »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Someone please save his poor customers. The first video is enough for me, I'm out.

Regards,

Paul
Best regards,

Paul

Quality shaving products & toiletries from Connaught Shaving http://connaughtshaving.com
richy

Post by richy »

All I need is a white v-neck t-shirt ,a load of oil and a cartridge razor and I'm set ..oh and a beard that has no grain and a healthy penchant for being scraped from all angles :shock:
IanM

Post by IanM »

As much as it all seems so wrong, I don't recall seeing any blood, but that really is the only positive thing I can say.

Ian
Those who design "Fool Proof" systems often underestimate the ability of fools.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Poppycock.
Regards,
Jani
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Balderdash!
Gordon
mattbramanti

Post by mattbramanti »

Humbug!
Claptrap!
Hogwash!
Tommyrot!
Fiddlesticks!

etc. :)
“If you teach a poor young man to shave himself, and keep his razor in order, you may contribute more to the happiness of his life than in giving him a thousand guineas.” --Benjamin Franklin
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

hmph. 8)
Matsuey37

Post by Matsuey37 »

I hate cartridge Razors!!!!! I do agree with cleansing your face prior to shaving as part of shave prep.
Matt (Matsuey37)
cntgetmedown

Post by cntgetmedown »

I've noticed a lot of people disagreeing with the content of his videos, but could you possibly elaborate on why you think his advice is bad. I personally don't think he does a bad job of shaving with a cartridge and I think he makes some good points on not using products out of a can.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Obviously, we have a preferred approach here, and those of us who gather here and stay here do so because this method works for us.

I don't think one can effectively argue that another approach doesn't work well for another group of shavers.

- Murray
Haine

Post by Haine »

I can't but feel like he is trying to sell Ice to Eskimo's, but on the other hand I'd like to believe him. o_o

Maybe I should try that 90 degree shave angle.

Its been so long since I've touched my DE or anything other then a pair of hair trimmers. x_x
Regards, Lionel
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

The funniest part was when he sayed that it is important to use hot water to dip the razor in, cause razor dipping will prepare his beard.
Jarmo
paperpundit

Post by paperpundit »

Well, Haine, I have tried the 90 degree angle, and it made a world of difference...

...that said, I still got bumps after a few days. But what the heck, if you are still using trimmers, why not give it a go? Everyone's skin is different...
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

That "90 degree angle" is a way of simulating single blade shaving, albeit with pressure? The way the guy scrathed his face again and again, I can imagine that "technique" would be needed.
Jarmo
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

To me it looks like the whole "90 degree" angle thing is bogus.

Whether you hold the handle at 90 degrees or 45 degrees, the cartridge is still flat on your face, correct? I'm speaking strictly of cartridge razors here, like the video shows.

Moving the handle towards the ground, no matter which way you orient it, is going to move the cartridge head the same way, downward... again, provided that the cartridge is already flat against the face.

The only thing I can see changing is the amount of pressure applied to the "bottom" of the cartridge in a 45 vs. 90 degree thing. With a 45 degree angle, you have more pressure on the bottom of the cartridge (where the fins typically are, not the blades), and with a 90 degree angle, the pressure would seem to be more evenly distributed.

But that still doesn't change how the actual blades move across your face. :roll:
Jason

Post by paperpundit »

Personally, the 90 degree angle seemed to make the front of the cart "lift" a little off the face. In fact, going a tad bit higher even made the shave smoother...

...that said, I still got bumps. Some faces just aren't made for carts.
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."
cntgetmedown

Post by cntgetmedown »

I tried that with a Quattro Titanium Razor and in my opinion it makes a difference what type of razor you are using aswell. With the Quattro I find that trying to create a 90 degree angle leads to a lot of pressure on the face, because the swivel head is stiffer than that of a Mach3.