i got a INGROWN !!!! first one in yyeeaarrss...

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
marsos52

i got a INGROWN !!!! first one in yyeeaarrss...

Post by marsos52 »

i knew something was going on over this past week. i could feel something on my neck,,,but saw nothing.

two days back i noticed while and after my shave a small bump and with a closer look i see a hair.. and it wouldnt shave off...

damnnnnn. yesterday i sat down with a tweezer and a 5X mirror and snagged the b*****d...haha gotcha...it was a good 1/4 inch at least

if couldnt believe it.. before i started de shaving it was like i was farming them... since i was introduced to de shaving they totally disappeared
after 40 years my streak is broken

its embarassing

marc
druphus

Post by druphus »

Well Marc, this may be little consolation; but, one ingrown in 40 years ain't bad!
Regards,
Andy
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Marc, since this is only your first transgression, we shan't consider rescinding your membership of SMF yet, but please be aware that the Mods and Admins are are watching your situation VERY closely.......

Gareth - Chuckling in a Gordonesque sort of way..
95%

Post by 95% »

Marc, I appreciate your post, because now I know what an ingown is. Never had one in 55 years of shaving.
Porter
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

It happens!
Good shaving,

Gary
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

i know no matter what you do a ingrown can happen..

i was so surprised finding one after so many years and it was in a area that i never had a ingrown before

actually i have had ingrowns start but my razor always (almost always)
makes them pop out from under the skin and the next pass does away with it.

just not this one. im lucky in this respect ..almost all my ingrowns grow so close to my skin line i can see them.. generally my razor will shave just enough skin to make the ingrown hair pop out

and probably if my ikon was in use this week i could have forgot about it
years ago my hoffritz slant was a ingrown killer

so i wa just sharing my experience

marc
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Good share marc.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

My one and only appeared about 18 months ago right after I'd started using a Trac II, as a part of my awakening to the variety of razors there are to choose from. Fortunately I had been reading SMF regularly, I think, and was somehow aware that this was one danger of using the multi blade carts, so I stopped and that was the end of the problem.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444