All-around newbie kit

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
Asd

Post by Asd »

Thank you for your help, gentlemen!
After all reading/watching video and everyday practice I'm finally almost happy with my wetshaving. I know I need MORE time to make my results solid and consistent.
As both my my razors are closed comb and I use only one shaving cream (Arko sensitive, and I'm finishing the tube right now) I decided to get some more stuff to play with. So can you tell a little about slant bar razors (like 39C) and soaps/creams? I mean not expensive soaps but standart. Middle of the road, I'd say. If I'll ask you what soaps/creams to buy first and only, what can you say?
-A knifeless man is a lifeless man! -
Nordic proverb
Asd

Post by Asd »

Just a quick tip. If you ever find yourself in Russia and need some cream and aftershave, useful for traveling, try Tet-a-tet. For now I found the scent, lathering, and glide the best for the price ($1-$2 in most places). It has very nice cooling effect too. Aftershave is alcohol based, but leaves your face soft and smooth. If someone interested, I can post some pics.
Nordic proverb
Asd

Post by Asd »

I have to add some words about Tet-a-tet cream and aftershave balm. I can say for me and some other people, these items works not for all. Personally for me, at first I'got great shaves, but after 2-3 weeks I've got burns, irritatios and so on. I changed my routine to Arko Moist cream and all burns have gone. The same thing was noticed by 2 other people, so take care with Tet-a-tet! It may be good for you or not.
Nordic proverb