Shaving a Sunburn. . .

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
funkthulhu

Shaving a Sunburn. . .

Post by funkthulhu »

So, yeah, first long field-day of the season yesterday, sweated off all of my sunscreen by 11am. . . I look like a reverse raccoon from my safety glasses.

It's not too bad, just a bit pink and sensitive. Was hot last night, but I'm not radiating heat anymore this morning. However, I would like to be nicely clean-shaven for an event tomorrow.

So, suggestions, experiences, or short stories?
Pureslab

Post by Pureslab »

Don't shave , let your skin heal.
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

I just debraded the last dead skin from a weekend sunburn. Oddly, My retreating hairline and forehead were burned but not my lower face as badly. I let it alone for 48 hours and with lots of MWF shaved wthout great discomfort.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Apply witch hazel liberally to your skin. Don's shave until your skin is not so sensitive.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Re: Shaving a Sunburn. . .

Post by notthesharpest »

funkthulhu wrote:It's not too bad, just a bit pink and sensitive.
If it was a bad sunburn, I would say don't even try shaving, even if you need to look good, because 2 days' stubble actually looks better in most cases than a bad sunburn re-irritated by scraping. But a slight pink sunburn and a special event; well, might as well shave I guess. Just don't screw it up. :)
Julius_Rodman

Re: Shaving a Sunburn. . .

Post by Julius_Rodman »

funkthulhu wrote:So, yeah, first long field-day of the season yesterday, sweated off all of my sunscreen by 11am. . . I look like a reverse raccoon from my safety glasses.

It's not too bad, just a bit pink and sensitive. Was hot last night, but I'm not radiating heat anymore this morning. However, I would like to be nicely clean-shaven for an event tomorrow.

So, suggestions, experiences, or short stories?

don't shave over skin that is blistered by sunburn.

or worse sun poisoning symptoms.

----------------------------------

Kent
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

Sunburn or windburn, leave it be till it calms down. Perhaps Thayers Witch Hazel could help relieve the burn.
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
funkthulhu

Post by funkthulhu »

I guess that's a resounding "NO!"
prism

Post by prism »

Just curious, what kind of an event are you talking about?
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
brothers

Post by brothers »

If it's really important to be shaved closely enough to pass inspection, then try touching it lightly with an electric razor. Otherwise blow it off and don't worry about it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

You have done the stupidest thing, sunburn.
Now just have the stubble and let all heal back to almost as good skin condition before you were damaged.
Jarmo
merkri

Post by merkri »

I saw the title for the thread and "NO!" just popped into my mind, like a mental reflex.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I would shave, carefully.
Regards,
Squire