Figured I'd Introduce Myself

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
MitchOspa

Figured I'd Introduce Myself

Post by MitchOspa »

Hi everyone! My name is Mitch and I discovered this site randomly while looking for Straight Razor techniques. I found the forum to be interesting and figured I'd give it a go. My hair grows in really fast and really thick -- so I can use all the advice on straight razor shaving that I can get. While I don't think I'll be engaging in any sort of fun-filled "razor play" just yet (I'm kind of weird about sharp objects just yet), but figured it'd be neat to know.

Anyway, talk to you guys later.
I don't do Tanning Beds. . . .I burn in 5 seconds.
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Welcome Mitch!

I'm not one of them, but there are a number of guys here who know a great deal about shaving with a straight.
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Welcome to SMF. Come often, ask questions - and you'll be amazed at the responses.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
druphus

Post by druphus »

Welcome Mitch!
Regards,
Andy
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

welcome

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

welcome to smf

you will get plenty of helpful info here

narc
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF, Mitch!

- Murray
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Mitch, welcome to SMF!

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hi Mitch. Great to have you here. You probably already did, but if not, please be sure to go to the SMF Home page and check out Chris Moss's "The Are of the Straight Razor Shave". Chris is an Administrator here on SMF, and has a lifetime of knowledge about how to use and maintain straight razors. In my particular case, I've been given some good advice and observations on the straight razor forum here on SMF.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Hey Mitch, welcome aboard, by all means read Chris's straight razor guide.
Regards,
Squire
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Bienvenuto, Mitch!
Regards,
Mike
jbc

Post by jbc »

From what I have heard the straight is the right choice for those of us who have thick fast growing beards. The straight, I am told, is much more aggressive then anything else and is probably the only thing that can manage such a beard. Have you posted any questions in the straight razor subforum? This is the place that you should be spending most of your time as the folks that hang out there are the ones that are most likley to be able to help you learn what you need to know.
JBC
Nuts about wet shaving
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

You are on the correct forum Mitch for questions regard shaving and the choice of razor is just one of the elements of a good shave.

There is a wealth of knowledge on this Board which is freely shared for the asking so post any question you like.
Regards,
Squire
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Welcome to SMF, Mitch!

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"