Super Adjustable long handle vs. Progress

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
brothers

Post by brothers »

If you really like the razor, it might be conceivable for you to try to locate another one that's not defective to replace the one you are using now.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Post by L. Martino »

merkri wrote: .

For whatever reason, the Super Adjustable often feels to me like there's too much flex on the blade or something, and like the head is too big.

There is a teeny itsy bitsy slant to the razor that I didn't notice at first (my wife got it for me as a gift)--it's relatively subtle and, without any obvious signs of damage, I wonder if it came out of the factory that way.
Hi there,

A fairly common problem with slims is the blade gap not being quite even with the safety bar. This can lead to a non typical result than the normal shave from what I understand. Probably caused by being dropped I'd guess. Oh, you do remember to tighten the head down.......right? That last quarter turn is pretty important, but you already know that I'd bet.

I've had fatboys with that trouble as well, so I'd think the super would be in the same mix. Matter of fact, uneven blade gap is something I always look for in a new to me adjustable razor. There's a fix for the problem over at B&B, but I couldn't tell you where.

Hope that helps,

Martin