Traveling

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
cadfael_tex

Traveling

Post by cadfael_tex »

Ok, gonna be traveling in a couple of weeks (by car) and don't want to go to the expense quite yet of a leather travel sheath for the razor and a specialized doo-hickey for the brush if I don't have to. I figure I probably have a pill container that will fit my brush.

Don't know what to do with the razor however. Figure it's not good for the razor or my bag to be bouncing around without the blade covered. What ideas do you have?

TIA,
Tony
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Tony, It's not a problem. DE razors are sturdy and obviously it will travel sans blade. If you're going to be in a different hotel/motel every night, and don't want to use a fresh blade daily, then just wrap it heavily in tissue paper and pack it so that it won't move around in your luggage. Hope you have a pleasant trip.
Regards,
Gordon
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Definitely don't leave the blade in the razor. Blades are inexpensive and the blade will get scuffed up.

Unless you have a wet bag like this with separate pockets, a T-shirt is your friend. I just roll up the razor in the T-shirt and pack it in the suitcase with the blades separate.

http://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Flat-Out ... 92&sr=8-14
Paul
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

bernards66 wrote:Tony, It's not a problem. DE razors are sturdy and obviously it will travel sans blade. If you're going to be in a different hotel/motel every night, and don't want to use a fresh blade daily, then just wrap it heavily in tissue paper and pack it so that it won't move around in your luggage. Hope you have a pleasant trip.
Regards,
Gordon
Gordon speaks the truth. But I would start with a brand new blade and keep the wrapper to store the blade in between shaves.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum