stroke technique

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
gil3591

stroke technique

Post by gil3591 »

most de users advocate a short stroke when using the de. never fully realizing the technique, today i used short strokes of approx. 1/2" without really lifting the razor on a backstroke and going over the same spot several times. i used a very light stroke and would consider this a buffing action. worked very well. i just can't seem to do one stroke over a lathered area as is recommended. i always seem to do two strokes over the same spot. can't get an old dog to do new tricks i guess.
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

gil as always you should always do what works for yourself..

but nothing wrong with trying something new ...i know that all so well.

somewhere down the road you will find you dont need to try so many different things because you will just be content with the shaves you get and they will not get better

i,, after decades of shaving and trying it this way and that way,,for the most part i know what works for me and stay with it..if and when this happens to you,, your shaves will continue to improve..because technique and other things prep and products etc etc you know better and get better using them ...

your lucky ,,more lucky than i because you have smf to help you and guide you and get knowledge from,,

i didnt ,,,i never knew a brush made a difference ,,i thought any brush did the same thing...i never knew about all the others products either

i only knew of merkurs razors and that gillette blades were the king of blades ,, those and merkurs i should say

so my learning curve has been much larger or spread out i should say

and yes im a old dog too

marc