how long should a shave last?

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
infotech

Post by infotech »

Interesting thread! I guess that explains why I can shave at 7 PM the night before and look freshly shaved when I'm heading out for work at 7 AM the next morning. I guess I can't give my skills all the credit anymore...
James
Sensitive_Skin

Post by Sensitive_Skin »

Pity that I can only really shave every 3-4 days or so (3 being the earliest as I have very sensitive skin). Also, I'm incredibly hairy so I'll have full-on five o-clock shadow after 7 hours or so. I guess I rock the bum/beard look for a few days to keep my skin from breaking out! :)
alcx77

Post by alcx77 »

I work noon to 8pm so I shave around 9-10 am and the next morning there is so little stubble I just buzz off the tips with an electric "razor"
[Assuming I dont have an evening engagement that is] and am presentable when I arrive at work at noon and if I appear as a furball when I get off at 8pm what of it!?

Thanks to this forum I really enjoy my modest rotation based shave experience yet find that I appreciate the smoothness of a close shave far more if I do not have one every day.

Alan
lawcash1

Post by lawcash1 »

Sensitive_Skin wrote:Pity that I can only really shave every 3-4 days or so (3 being the earliest as I have very sensitive skin). Also, I'm incredibly hairy so I'll have full-on five o-clock shadow after 7 hours or so. I guess I rock the bum/beard look for a few days to keep my skin from breaking out! :)
Same here, and I don't consider any shave successful if I get even a trace of irritation. That said, I do get at least a DFS every other day and, even though I can definitely feel shavable stubble 24 hours later, I wait until 48 hours have passed before shaving again.
Saves my skin, and raises my anticipation. It's win/win all the way!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I shave early in the morning preparing for the business day and again in the evening for, umm, other activities.
Regards,
Squire
Karstedt

Post by Karstedt »

Even with a barber shop shave, the only BBS shave I have ever gotten (at the cost of some neck irritation), I think I got about 7 hours tops. I got it around noon and had stubble that night. I'd be happy if I could even get a BBS on my own at all.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Comfort first my friend, the rest will follow in time. Actually, I shave twice a day and both of those are pretty darn close.
Regards,
Squire