Uneven Beard Growth

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
scaryshoes

Uneven Beard Growth

Post by scaryshoes »

Gents,

Just celebrated another birthday, and as I am closing in on the half-century mark, I have recently found that my beard growth has slowed on one side of my face, while still heavy under the chin as usual. Does anyone else experience this as well? As I love my wet shaves, afraid they are diminishing on one side of my face :?
Anthony

God is good all of the time.

Post by SmallTank »

hmm..interesting question...could u post some pics of what you mean?..or is this one of those "it feels different" rather than what you see in the mirror thats noticeable..im 31 BTW..so..I cant relate..yet..

ST 8)
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

shave anyway!!
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
Odio Barbillas
Location: Via Lactea, Orbis Terra (Sol III), Province of Nova Caesarea

Post by Odio Barbillas »

+1 Unless this seems to be a <harrumph> growing problem, just keep going. I'll turn 56 in June; the only consistency I note is that if I don't shave, I get bit by a gnarly itchy bug. :wink:
Michael G.
NON IMPEDITI RATIONE COGITATIONIS
roboboticus

Post by roboboticus »

From the jawline down, I have thicker growth on the right side than the left, and it's been that way as long as I can remember. I think I've heard it can be a hormonal thing, but I don't really know.
Ivan
divotmax

Post by divotmax »

Yeah, seems like I have patches where the growth is different than other places. I don't think shaving has anything to do do with it; in fact it evens it out if I get a good shave. I also have a couple of places where my beard seems to grow faster.
BobS

Life is too short not to use a sharp blade and a good brush.
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

I have been noticing a difference to my beard over the past couple of years due to the incoming gray hairs making their appearance. It actual gives the overall appearance of thinning but the stubble is still there. I believe it has been noted that gray hairs do require a bit more prep and work to shave cleanly and I do find this believable.

My recent trials with Pacific Shaving Oil seems to make it a little easier to shave but I am not sure if I want to use an oil everyday.
Good shaving,

Gary
merkri

Post by merkri »

Interesting question. I haven't noticed any changes over time, but I hadn't really thought of it either. I will probably pay attention to this more closely next time I shave.