Overloading the Razor?

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
cadfael_tex

Overloading the Razor?

Post by cadfael_tex »

I have been doing pretty well with my shaving regime - even got where I really like hard soaps. I've noticed that I'm occasionally lazy with rinsing off the razor and getting large amounts of the cream on the razor. What's the down side of this?
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

One of the things I like about shaving with a straight is the lack of rinsing needed. Anyway - it depends on the razor I think. The more blades the quicker a razor will clog, so a Fusion needs a rinse more often than a DE.

I suspect, although it's a hunch, a bunch of bristle laden lather clogging up any razor will lead to an increased risk of some sort of uneven contact between blade and skin, which could lead to bleeding, bad shaves or irritation.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
cadfael_tex

Post by cadfael_tex »

I use a Merkur DE.
SmallTank

Post by SmallTank »

try loosening up the razor n washing the cream away..helps

ST
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

No down side if it doesn't affect your shave.
Regards,
Squire
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

I'm with Squire on this. You do get large pumbles of soap once you dip the razor under sink water, but no need to dip the razor too often once the good lather is on your face :)
Merkur fixed heads are open designs and I see not much need to dip my Progress too, too often, even if it is not so.
Jarmo