The Brace Cut - Part 1

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
evahs

The Brace Cut - Part 1

Post by evahs »

CAR has a new innovation out.
He said he's been working on it "a couple years" :shock:

Enjoy. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsmosylgY1A
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
de gustibus non est disputandum
95%

Post by 95% »

I do admire the speed and confidence with which he wields his razor. I wonder if there's really a blade in it.
Porter
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I had never looked into methode shaving and for the first time viewing I just dont know what to say! Almost seems like he had no blade in the razor, along with pulling the cream off his face with the head of the razor with out letting the blade touch his face and those fast strokes omg, shaving is a pleasure not a fast messy race. Ill take that Polo in the backround though!
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

He needs a new pro-primer-wet-mix-slag with lithium carbonate in it. Lots of lithium carbonate. Preferably applied with a Shaving Rag impregnated with amylobarbital. Then a cutting balm with valproic acid and carbamazepine. Finally a spray tonic with quetiapine. Electrifying the razor so that he gets unilateral ECT wouldn't do any harm either. No 'dry breech' after a seizure or two.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

drmoss_ca wrote:He needs a new pro-primer-wet-mix-slag with lithium carbonate in it. Lots of lithium carbonate. Preferably applied with a Shaving Rag impregnated with amylobarbital. Then a cutting balm with valproic acid and carbamazepine. Finally a spray tonic with quetiapine. Electrifying the razor so that he gets unilateral ECT wouldn't do any harm either. No 'dry breech' after a seizure or two.

Chris
I wonder how the condition will be described in the DSM-V?
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

i agree with what drmoss_ca said,, not sure what he said but i agree haha

i think he makes more work out of shaving then is nessary..

i would get confused with to mix with what,, and what quardant im in..

rather grow a damn beard...
marc
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

:shock: :shock: A dog should be able to scratch his fleas in his own way. That type of shaving is just not for me.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
95%

Post by 95% »

This method clearly works for Charles, to judge from his healthy-looking clean shaven skin. But I wouldn't dream of rubbing down my face with a soapy washcloth after the first, and again after the second, pass. It would irritate my skin. On top of that, he shaves 20 or 30 times over the same areas of beard during a complete shave (see parts 2 and 3 of the video.) That seems an excessive number of strokes to achieve a baby's-bottom shave.
Porter
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

This method clearly works for Charles
or does it clearly work for his marketing of those products?

marc
mission of burma shave

Post by mission of burma shave »

watch it without sound. :shock:
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

Just when I think he can't out-lol himself, he continues to go and prove me wrong.

It sure does seem like a lot of work with that cloth before and during the shave. Maybe he's trying to achieve the same result and "feel" as one would using an actual shaving brush? :wink:
Jason

Post by gil3591 »

i can't watch more than a few moments before i realize my life is passing before me and i'm wasting on him. if anything he's a conartist or a witch.

i got it, he looks like a 2 band badger to me! i like how by part three he's feeling spots that he missed! how can you miss anything after a couple of hundred passes?
Last edited by gil3591 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

Sales must be sagging for Charles to unveil a new technique for his faithful horde of shaving zombies. Fold the flannel (washcloth) one more time and rubn it against the grain...duh. :roll:
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
SmallTank

Post by SmallTank »

All I could wonder after watching was.."what would Gillette say about this if it were 1920 when they first got started"?..as well as the French who started the first SE razor as well"?
I wonder if he could do this with a straight razor..then again..too much wet stuff goin everywhere.. :lol:

ST
mission of burma shave

Post by mission of burma shave »

drmoss_ca wrote:He needs a new pro-primer-wet-mix-slag with lithium carbonate in it. Lots of lithium carbonate. Preferably applied with a Shaving Rag impregnated with amylobarbital. Then a cutting balm with valproic acid and carbamazepine. Finally a spray tonic with quetiapine. Electrifying the razor so that he gets unilateral ECT wouldn't do any harm either. No 'dry breech' after a seizure or two.

Chris
and don't be afraid to use it liberally gentleman!
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

Too much sugar for a dime...

If I wanted to "rush" my shave, that process would still not work. Seemed like it took quite a while and what a mess.

I would rather "ENJOY MY SHAVE" by slowing down and taking my time.

And what's with the "rag" thing. They invented a wonderful product years ago, it's called a "brush". Works quite well, at least for me.

My two cents worth. :D
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

Racso_MS wrote:Too much sugar for a dime...

If I wanted to "rush" my shave, that process would still not work. Seemed like it took quite a while and what a mess.

I would rather "ENJOY MY SHAVE" by slowing down and taking my time.

And what's with the "rag" thing. They invented a wonderful product years ago, it's called a "brush". Works quite well, at least for me.

My two cents worth. :D
yah, didn't he sell a special brush for his technique? the guy was a mess. has shave mess in his nostrils, on his glasses, in his ears and on his clothes. what a laugh
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
OldSaw

Post by OldSaw »

m3m0ryleak wrote:Sales must be sagging for Charles to unveil a new technique for his faithful horde of shaving zombies. Fold the flannel (washcloth) one more time and rubn it against the grain...duh. :roll:
How bout twisting the cloth and announcing this great new shape for the cloth like it's never been done before.

Behold! COIL
Relax...Take it easy...Enjoy the lather

Dennis
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Actually, I think he demonstrated that something as simple as the cloth works very well. My skin wouldn't tolerate that kind of razor work, however, regardless of the lather.

The Method Shave isn't my chosen approach, but I don't resent that it works for Charles Roberts and a number of others.

- Murray