Shaving with Mitchell's Wool Fat

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

a-cut-above wrote:Quick, read this before Wendell sees it. I added a few drops of sandalwood EO (obtained from soap maker at a craft's fair), let it soak in for a few days and now have sandalwood-scented MWF. It still has the background scent of MWF but over layed with sandalwood. So nice!
(Put the club down, Wendell.)
Blasphemy, pure blasphemy. There -- I've said it.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Bobwhite

Post by Bobwhite »

MWF is different, but It works great. With my water, (I don't know if it's hard or soft.) It makes a thin, dense lather. Nothing like the kid in the Mr. Bubble commercial. It holds plenty of water and one cake lasts a long time.

I've never experienced the squeaky clean feeling. The lanolin takes care of that.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

The Fat was not amused.
Regards,
Squire
95%

Post by 95% »

Yes, the sheep are up in arms. Or legs...or whatever is the correct metaphor for militant sheep.
Porter
brothers

Post by brothers »

I prefer the fragrance of sandalwood to the fragrance of sheep.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444