BUMPS AND MULIT-BLADES RAZORS

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
marsos52

BUMPS AND MULIT-BLADES RAZORS

Post by marsos52 »

well this has be covered more times then any of us what to hear about it..

i thought i would pass a long some thing my 19 year old son told me last night on the phone.

if you remember two months back or so i posted my son was going the texas for basic training. this past week he graduated and is now going for his job training (4 months) in the air guards.

for a couple/three months before he left for basic, he began shaving with my DE razors. and he really liked it as compared to the electric he was useing before.

in basic training speed is key and he had to shave with a multiblade.
he called us last night and the first thing he told me is he has razor bumps real bad since he has been using the multi blades.

he ask me to please send him one of my razors and some blades as soon as i can. i'm so pleased. you have no idea.. orginally i told him multi's would give him problems, now he is a believer..

last year i sold my EJ loxely to a neighbor, and he fancies a fatboy over the EJ.. so he sold me the EJ back to me, and i will send it off to texas soon with some IP's to get my son on track..

i love it
marc
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Marc, Yep...well there's another one. Some of our guys who do, or at least can, use multi-blade cartridges seem to find it hard to believe how problematical they can be, and the percentage of men that this is true for. Personally I'd use an electric before I would ever mess with those things again.
Regards,
Gordon
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

You have him started on the right track, marc! Good Show!

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

thanks guys, i made this post as more proof of the use of this kinda of razor..

i already knew this,, my son really didnt believe me.. now he knows..

marc
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

good for him marc, but i dont understand and never will the time issue. shaving with a de takes no longer than with a fusion.....its all :bull Im doing a lot of reading about ww1......talk about having no time to shave, but they did.

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

they wake him up and he only has a few minutes to shave shower and you know what, also to make his bed yada yada yada

and they told him he must use that type of razor

why ? who knows

marc
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Marc, Why indeed? Could he not have used a simple single bladed Bic disposible? They used to be used a lot in the services I'm told.
Regards,
Gordon
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

and they told him he must use that type of razor
that explains that i guess! LOL

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

gordon im not sure what they told for he had to use

i told my son to try to get bics,,,but i wasnt there with him

marc
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Well marc the important thing is he has a good razor and at some point will get the chance to use it.

Gordon I don't know what changes are in the new Army but in my time troops in training had limited mobility and the stuff at the px was supplied by whoever was awarded the government contract.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Squire, Right, that's what I'd heard. I am under the impression that the troops in the field during the Gulf War were sometimes issued the basic Bics, but this could be misinformation for all I know. I would assume that generally Gillette would have those contracts.
Regards,
Gordon
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

i have a ej loxely ...the original with the merkur head on the way to him