New to the forum

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
falcon43

Post by falcon43 »

Chris- it's a long story but I actually learned to shave with a straight. I figure I will close the circle someday.

Danny- Thank You!

Wendell- I thought I was losing my mind as I couldn't figure out where you got the quote from. I went over this post multiple time and just kept missing it. I guess it's not my mind that has the problem, but my eyesight. Lol!
Semper Fidelis
Tom
falcon43

Post by falcon43 »

Well, the MWF did arrive. I was chomping at the bit to give it spin. I did give it a test run by building a lather with it. Gary, you were right, I just lathered as I normally would. The first thing I noticed was just how creamy it was. It also seems heavier/moister than the TOBS. The smell was light and pleasant and did remind me of something that I had smelled before. For the life of me however I can't put my finger on it. Wendell, you have another convert here. I have been using it for a week now and I will say that they have been some of the best shaves I have ever gotten. As the soap was the only thing that changed in my routine, it has to be the MWF. This has definitely made it to the top of my list.
I am so impressed with the shaving soap that I have ordered the bath soap. My face and head just feel so smooth and not dry that I am hoping that come winter the bath soap will be able to do the same thing with the rest of my skin.
Thanks all for getting me interested in experimenting!
Semper Fidelis
Tom
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

falcon43 wrote:Well, the MWF did arrive. I was chomping at the bit to give it spin. I did give it a test run by building a lather with it. Gary, you were right, I just lathered as I normally would. The first thing I noticed was just how creamy it was. It also seems heavier/moister than the TOBS. The smell was light and pleasant and did remind me of something that I had smelled before. For the life of me however I can't put my finger on it. Wendell, you have another convert here. I have been using it for a week now and I will say that they have been some of the best shaves I have ever gotten. As the soap was the only thing that changed in my routine, it has to be the MWF. This has definitely made it to the top of my list.
I am so impressed with the shaving soap that I have ordered the bath soap. My face and head just feel so smooth and not dry that I am hoping that come winter the bath soap will be able to do the same thing with the rest of my skin.
Thanks all for getting me interested in experimenting!
Tom, I am so enthralled with the luxurious feel of this soap, I have gotten into the habit of massaging in the remaining lather from off the brush into my face while I proceed with my cleanup. Welcome to the Ram-hood of Woolfat devoted.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

Tom,

You are gonna love the MWF bath soap. I loved the shave soap so much that I had to give the bath soap a shot. Was at Merz Apothecary in Chicago in June and bought a 3 pack of the large bars. Started using it in mid July and found it to make great lather and does a great job of moisturizing my skin. And lest I forget it seems to last forever.[/b]
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
falcon43

Post by falcon43 »

Wendell-I will have to give that a go. What's driving me nuts thought is the fragrance, I have smelled it before and it triggers good feelings but I can't put my finger on it. I guess it will come to me or not, it dosen't really matter since I like the smell.

Bryce-that's what I am hoping for,winters are tough on me. I get that dry skin and I seem to be stuck with it all winter. I am hoping to stop it before it gets started. Nice to know that it lasts also.
Semper Fidelis
Tom