How long will a Blade last

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
flintlock

How long will a Blade last

Post by flintlock »

Hi all, Just wondering, How many shaves do you guys get with a DE blade? Just shaved for the second time with the same blade. Still got a nice shave, also when your done do you rinse and dry the blade? I heard someone say awhile back that they stored there's in a little container of Ballistol. Thanks for looking, Still learning. :D
Jbbmad2

Re: How long will a Blade last

Post by Jbbmad2 »

now there's a million dollar question. you'll get varied responses but the average seems to be around 4-6 shaves per blade, but it will depend on the amount of passes you do during a singel shave combined with your beard along with the brand of blade you use. did that clear it up any?
Bruce
Proverbs 3:5-6
Gig'em!
flintlock

Post by flintlock »

Lol, I guess so. I guess when I start seeing some nicks and irritation I'll know.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

That's a lot like someone asking how long a flint lasts in your lock, which is to say it depends.

I don't really think about it much, just let the blade tell me when it's time for a change.
Regards,
Squire
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Well, as others wrote it depends on many factors, including the blade itself since they're all different. The DE blades I use, I get 7 shaves and then I automatically can it. I find that a DE blade doesn't act at all nicely when it's been used for too long.

Some otherwise excellent blades, Feather DE blades come to mind, give me 2 shaves then they get canned. I simply can't get a 3rd shave out of one.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
flintlock

Post by flintlock »

Squire wrote:That's a lot like someone asking how long a flint lasts in your lock, which is to say it depends.

I don't really think about it much, just let the blade tell me when it's time for a change.
Lol. That's funny. I got ya Squire.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Squire wrote:That's a lot like someone asking how long a flint lasts in your lock, which is to say it depends.

+1 ..... words of a sage.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?