New Path To BBS

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: New Path To BBS

Post by jww »

Squire wrote:Buffing/polishing is simply working over any residual spots that aren't completely smooth.
This is my take on the topic as well.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

jww wrote:
Squire wrote:Buffing/polishing is simply working over any residual spots that aren't completely smooth.
This is my take on the topic as well.
Those terms must have been created by the inhabitants of shaving forums. All these years I was doing it and never knew.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Barbering goes back thousands of years and I'm sure the ancients had similar terms.
Regards,
Squire
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

As I recall, "blade buffing" refers to a series of quick strokes in the same area for finishing. At least, that's how it was once defined here.

Other terms are "touching up" and one I learned here years ago but haven't seen for some time: "T & C" or "touch and cut," for feeling rough spots at the end of the shave and touching up.

- Murray
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

It's the nature of hobby boards to create such descriptors, sort of an inside language.
Regards,
Squire