greetings from Central Florida

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
FireDragon76

greetings from Central Florida

Post by FireDragon76 »

Hi... I'm not a new wet shaver but I have been away for several years.

I got IPL and laser hair reduction several years ago but it was not a complete course of treatment. It did reduce my beard density but in time many of the hairs grew back. I used to have a heavy beard, now its somewhat lighter.

I have used cartridge razors (Sensor and Mach 3), DE's, injectors... even GEM's. Currently, I am mostly relying on a Gilette Guard and Cremo. I've tried to get back into DE shaving but I'm not having a lot of luck. Some of the blades I have are not great (Dorco, old Gilette Blues) and I end up with razor burn. And shave angle is always tricky. But its good to have a dependable, easy razor like the Guard.

I have several shaving brushes but I'd like to get more into brushless creams. I've tried Cremo and had great results and I'd also like to try Barbasol, but few places have the brushless shave cream anymore, though I saw it everywhere years ago. I think people are moving even more towards canned shave creams and gels than in the past.
brothers

Re: greetings from Central Florida

Post by brothers »

Hi and welcome to the forum FireDragon. :) If you prefer cartridges, I might suggest (instead of the Guard) that you check out the disposable Noxzema multi blade razors, made by Kai in Japan. These are sold here primarily in Dollar Tree. I was able to find Barbasol brushless in the past at Amazon and also at Drugstore.com. I'd try those if you want to get some. I also have had great success with plain old Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream, used as a brushless shaving cream. It's $4 a tub everywhere. I splash water on my face and then rub the Noxzema on and it is slick and cool (menthol and eucalyptus). Best regards,
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF, FireDragon76! Glad to have you join us.

- Murray
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Welcome to SMF. Ask questions and we'll respond ....
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes, welcome aboard.
Regards,
Squire
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Welcome to SMF!
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Welcome to the forum!
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
ziplepingouin

Post by ziplepingouin »

Welcome on board FireDragon76!