Buying Habits

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
ScottS

Buying Habits

Post by ScottS »

Anyone else notice an inclination to stop buying shaving creams and soaps and to start buying razors and hones once you've settled on straights?
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Re: Buying Habits

Post by rustyblade »

ScottS wrote:Anyone else notice an inclination to stop buying shaving creams and soaps and to start buying razors and hones once you've settled on straights?
Yeah, and it is far more debilitating on the wallet. I've even lost all interest in brushes, they have just become a step in getting Valobra on my face as efficiently as possible. Anything other than Valobra shave soap seems to irritate my skin now, so rotating soaps is out. All that's left is straights and aftershaves. And it is good.
Richard
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Yeah, I've noticed. It's like when random drug abusers become real junkies....totally focused.....nothing else does it except that ONE thing...sigh.....best to stay away from that crowd....
Regards,
Gordon
Last edited by bernards66 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

That constant urge to turn that $1.50 eBay beater into the worlds best shaver is a dangerous thing also.

As for the Valobra, what can I say?? I blame the camping trip that I had in conjunction with finding a nice soap vendor (who I'm trying to talk into stocking Vineolia, by the way) on that particular evil.

My Norton 4k/8k is waiting for me at Woodcraft for pickup.

Gordon, is SMF a new way for you to pick up clients? :wink:
John 5

Post by John 5 »

This thread is taking time away from eBay. I'm all but certain no one else is watching that one. What pretty etching on the blade...how pretty...betcha no one else is watching it...
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I was wondering why you guys have been so quiet lately. Its good to know that nothing serious is keeping you away.

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
sebell

Post by sebell »

I still like soaps and cremes, and I even use a
DE too!

*hides*

- Scott
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Scott, Ssshhhh.....mustn't discuss professional matters....confidentiality codes, you know.......and do keep me abreast of any news regarding vendors and the Vinolia bath soap, if you would.
Regards,
Gordon
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

ScottS wrote:
Gordon, is SMF a new way for you to pick up clients?
:wink:
Yep, Gordon has a few on this forum who have bad cases of AD related ummmmmm........maladies. :wink: :lol:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Well, since it's come up, and since this is a relatively quiet corner of the forum, I CAN share with you that 'fidelity' is really a buzz word that connotes the process of recovery from the various AD syndromes. But it's helpful if this stays largely cloaked.
Regards,
Gordon
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

So fidelity can be a good thing? Who'd of thought.
Regards,
Squire
sebell

Post by sebell »

Nobody likes a quitter.

- Scott
dada

Post by dada »

No kidding!

For me it was fairly easy to prevent SBAD - get a couple of high-end brushes and that's that...

Straights, on the other hand - totally different story. Oh, and later - hones too.

Richard - I am sorry to hear this about the other soaps, must be frustrating! However, lately I am only using one soap too (just a matter of choice, not irritation). We'll see how long this will last. (Maybe I'll get lucky and will be able to settle on it for good?)

Cheers
Ivo
Padron

Post by Padron »

Dang,

I wish I could say that my other shaving interest have ceased since I started straight shaving :oops:

They have gotten more interesting and more expensive though, maybe as Ivo stated a high end brush or 2 with a nice straight to match will be the ticket :lol:

Neale