First real shave

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
tazman

First real shave

Post by tazman »

Over the past three years, I have traveled to Europe quite often. Most trips took me to London, sometimes for weeks on end. On one trip I spent part of a Saturday wondering near Picadilly Circus. I found myself on Jermyn Street - home of the bespoke shirts (Pinks, etc.). Also on the Street is Taylor's of Bond Street and Trumper's - traditional mens' barber shops and of course famous for their shaving products. Around the corner and down the block on James street is Truefitt and Hill. I decided to treat myself and was able to get an appointment for a shave the following Saturday at Truefitt's. What an experience. The shave was awesome. I was hooked. (in addition to the fact the place and the neighborhood drip history - a cobbler across the street that has been there for 100s of years, a gun/hunting shop a block away, A hat shop on Jermyn (Bates the Hatter), the perfume maker to the Queen on the street

I came home to San Diego and threw out my cans of shaving cream and Schick blades and now shave with a Merkur DE or a Feather razor (when I have time). At the time I was in London, I had not explored my options in the US. so I loaded up with a Bond brush (best badger) and with tubs of Truefitt, Bond and Trumper shave supples. I now know these are easy to come by and probably cheaper to buy here.

I have now been shaved in Taylors, Truefitt and Trumper's. Trumper's actually offers a straight razor and a DE shaving class with a personal instructor. Have not done this yet, but am tempted.
ST
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Welcome to the board ST!
Sounds like you had a nice eye opening experience whilst in London...I'm jealous.
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Hey ST, welcome aboard.
Regards,
Squire