My Latest SRAD Acquisitions

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
alabamalawyer

My Latest SRAD Acquisitions

Post by alabamalawyer »

I picked up these blades (one marked Wm Elliott & Co & the other marked Black & Grinold, Bath Works, Sheffield) for less than $10 each. I called Bob Keyes at bobsrazors.com and sent the blades to him. He checked them out and didn't feel they were worth the investment of a full restoration. We decided on a "light" restoration with some simple scales for each. Basically, I was wanting a couple of servicable, shave-ready blades. I got the razors back and needless to say, I was very impressed with Bob's "light" restoration work on them. I used the Wm Elliott & Co this a.m. and got a very nice shave. Also, I must thank Bob as the total turnaround time was less than a week from my mailing the razors to him until I received them back.

Last edited by alabamalawyer on Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
xChris

Post by xChris »

I agree with you -- outstanding return on the investment -- certainly these are now more than "serviceable" razors. Bob's restoration looks very good indeed.
Chris
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Very nice. Use in good health

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
ContenderhunterPA

Post by ContenderhunterPA »

Very nice indeed, Chris!
Dave

"So whether you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do all for the glory of God."