What would cause this? Bad Steel?

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: What would cause this? Bad Steel?

Post by Squire »

brothers wrote:Heaven forbid they don't want it because they can't shave with it.
Whatever, I plan to leave 'em stuff they can use.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Squire wrote:
brothers wrote:Heaven forbid they don't want it because they can't shave with it.
Whatever, I plan to leave 'em stuff they can use.
I'm leaving them everything and they can sort it out. Not my problem! :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pundi64

Post by pundi64 »

brothers wrote:New razor placed into use no more than 3 shaves a week. Time passes, after a year and 3 complete re-hones, the last of which followed by only 3 or 4 more shaves, it's dull again.

Two owners, two separate guys doing the sharpening, and this one won't keep an edge while in the same rotation and receiving the same consistent maintenance stropping and occasional touch-up as a small variety of vintage razors who are performing as expected.

A high maintenance diva among a barnful of dependable workhorses. Who needs that? Could only be bad steel, in my opinion. I'm not asking what to do. I've already done the only thing, I've oiled it and put it away. See you later. Problem solved.

There seem to be about a dozen 100 and 200 year old ugly razors laying around here that shave like a dream every day.
Chinese or the infamous Pakistani blades???? perhaps
brothers

Post by brothers »

No, actually custom made in USA by someone who evidently skipped geometry class, and went for aesthetics at the expense of good science. The steel was just fine, the geometry of the blade was screwed up. No longer making $1000+ razors, or any other priced razors. Nice guy however.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444