Willi and 4/8

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
matt321

Willi and 4/8

Post by matt321 »

Speed shaver Willi has another video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Giy-R2aWxp4
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Thanks for posting the link - I think he has quite the edge on that razor as it seems to just wipe away the facial growth with no trouble at all. I would be really interested to hear how he hones up his razors!
Good shaving,

Gary
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Very weird. Downwards and upwards on the cheeks. Downwards and sideways on the upper lip. Upwards only below the jawline and chin. Plus he leaves what I'm told is a 'landing strip' on his chin. Some of you young 'uns might explain that to me. Evidently, watching YouTube videos of straight shaves reveals that the only rules are those of The Outback Steakhouse.

Two serious comments. (1) He looks like Bluto after his shave. (2) Whatever he looks like, how does it feel? You just know that he has palpable stubble, which in my view doesn't matter as much as many would think. Sadly, the only theoretical cure for the blue face of a man who has just shaved is the removal of the levantine genes that he carries. This is not yet practical, thank goodness.

Bruce
*Bruce? A reference to another set of antipodean rules.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
matt321

Post by matt321 »

He likes to take long, sweeping strokes, mostly perpendicular with very little scything.
function

Post by function »

drmoss_ca wrote: Plus he leaves what I'm told is a 'landing strip' on his chin. Some of you young 'uns might explain that to me.

Well . . . um . . . the term "landing strip" is usually used in reference to a specific grooming habit of the sex that shaves armpits instead of faces. From there . . . yeah, we can just leave it at that.
Nick

Give me Lavender or give me death.
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Willi lives!
brothers

Post by brothers »

His confidence and the sharpness of the razor does make it look easy.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
GeauxLSU

Post by GeauxLSU »

I've seen his videos before. "Kamikaze Shaving" best describes his technique.
Volenti mihi sententia dabo vobis.

Wayne
SmallTank

Post by SmallTank »

That guys lucky to have such light "facial" hairs..and I did see a 3/8 for sale somewhere..though I think my fingers are too thick to hold even a 4/8..I prefer my 6/8 or 5/8 when desired

ST