Leather pouch for razor

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
brothers

Leather pouch for razor

Post by brothers »

Hart razors come with a nice soft pouch, and The Strop Shop in UK also sells nice handmade pouches. I've got one of each. Now I need another one. Where would I find a good one for a single razor?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
whitebar

Post by whitebar »

Here's one option I remember seeing. I also think TI pouches are available but I can't remember where.

http://www.straightrazordesigns.com/ind ... ts_id=1144
-Stephen
Zot!

Post by Zot! »

Why do you need so many? I would think these would be for travel purposes. The Superior Shave sells a silicon sleeve that is nice and is supposed to keep moisture from the blade. http://www.thesuperiorshave.com/Dovo_St ... azors.html
Ron
matt321

Post by matt321 »

Zot! wrote:Why do you need so many? I would think these would be for travel purposes.
FWIW, I agree with that. I considered getting a leather pouch for each of my razors. Then I noticed I wasn't using the few pouches that I already had. Now I just use them for travel.
Hawkeye5

Post by Hawkeye5 »

I have three of Neil's cases, I find they are just a bit more difficult to get the flap through the loop than TIs. Well made cases though.

I have two Hart leather sheaths. Very nice, very soft. No doubt would attract moisture like a sponge.

Classic Shaving sells both the flap and open version TI leather sheath as I recall. Two colors even.

Dovo makes a two razor leather case that SRD and Vintage Blades carries. They may have others, I don't recall.

John Crowley has a fellow that makes some for him also, if memory serves.

Every now and then there are some on our favorite auction site. Some are darn nice, others are crap. You be the judge.

I use them also, and not just for travel. I like leather and have one of the Dovo 7 day leather cases for some true gems and two of their leather hard case for matched pairs. Watch the Dovo cases though, they run a bit small, although I have 13/16ths razors in mine, in one case with custom scales by Max, but even some vintage Dovos are too long.

It is just hard to beat the TI open top sheath.

Truth be told I just want razors in a case so I can grab them and go with out fumbling around with individual coffins. Pass the tin foil please.
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

I have a 12 razor canvas roll case that was hand made by a great guy in Dallas/FW a couple of years ago just before he got too busy with his real life and had to pretty well drop out of the shaving forums and making razor cases. His screen name is VGOD which means he loves wedges. I was able to trade him a couple of old WB wedges for this case right before he had to stop participating.

I keep the Hart razor in it's case, and the 1/4 hollow SSA in the Neil Miller case. I keep all the rest in the roll case, and it's not full, by any means. I have, but haven't used yet, a pretty neat little 7 razor (made for pens actually) display case (wood and glass) that came from Rockler Woodworking and Hardware as a father's day gift a couple of years ago.

I just like to keep my special razors in leather sheathes, not for travel, but just "because", I suppose. From what I've seen, the TI cases look like they'll work and the price is good. I also like the deerskin sheaths from Mountain Man, but they seem to be out of stock, and they cost twice the price of the TI cases.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
matt321

Post by matt321 »

I'm getting it now. I don't need one for every razor, but a nice leather pouch really sets off the special ones. I have a few of the TI pouches. They are nice, but maybe you could find one without the TI name on the flap.

I remember VGOD. Too bad he had to leave the forums.
matt321

Post by matt321 »

A couple of photos:

brothers

Post by brothers »

I ended up with the deerskin pouch made by MountainMan and sold on Classic Shaving. It's virtually identical to the pouch sold with the Hart SR. Only difference is the Hart logo embossed into the leather.
Gary