Boker still in production

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
brothers

Boker still in production

Post by brothers »

I don't see the Boker straight razors talked about on the forums very much, even though they are still making them. They aren't cheap, and their every day bread and butter models only come in 5/8 width.

If I had the bucks, I think I'd get the "Celebrated". I think it's a heavier and wider blade with nice design.

For the wealthy, they offer what appears to be a very nice damascus razor. I'm sure they sell enough of those to the exclusive market they've targeted to keep them in production.

Here's the link http://www.boker.de/us/straight-razor.html
Last edited by brothers on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ghart

Post by ghart »

When I was in Salzburg recently I saw a new 6/8 Boker "Celebrated" in the Henckels shop, of all places! It looked very nice in a horn handle, but I thought that it was overpriced at ~€200. I resisted the temptation!

George
SmallTank

Post by SmallTank »

I thought the Celebrated razor was Sheffield, England..err..was it?
brothers

Post by brothers »

Right. Several manufacturers from a number of localities have used and some are still using that phrase. I don't think it's proprietary to any single past or present manufacturer. I have a Celebrated from W&B, and also one from Joseph Rodgers & Sons, also located in Sheffield at one time.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

The Boker Celebrated 7/8 may be pre-ordered at the following link at a whopping 32% discount. Delivery is expected in October. I'm on the list. Paypal advises me that my payment will be processed at the time the product is shipped to me. Here's the link http://www.knifecenter.com/item/BO14050 ... d-straight
Gary

matt321

Post by matt321 »

Looks nice. Give us some feedback when you get it. Come on October!
brothers

Post by brothers »

I thought about it, and have decided that when October gets here, and if the razors become available, I can order one from at least two or more sources at that price. Bottom line, I called and cancelled my pre-paid order. I do recommend the KnifeCenter's excellent customer service. If I get a chance to re-order in a few months, then I'll likely give them a call.
Gary

BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

FYI -I just received word this morning that the Boker Celebrated razor has been discontinued.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Thanks Phil. That's the way the cookie crumbles! :lol:
Gary