The Sheffield Quintuplets !!

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
Gssixgun

The Sheffield Quintuplets !!

Post by Gssixgun »

This thread is going to build up to five Sheffielders over the next few days, all these will be heading home to my good friend Alan...

Number 1 is a Full Vintage Restore Wade & Butcher For Barber's Use 7/8
The razor was completely broken down, and polished to a near perfect mirror finish, the old Buffalo Horn scales were also polished out using this stuff works pretty darn good and you can use it dry unlike the Micromesh...

http://www.riogrande.com/MemberArea/Pro ... ive+Papers

Always Very Respectfully

Glen
matt321

Post by matt321 »

Beautiful!
(I've never heard of 3M Tri-M-Ite before. Looks a little pricey.)
SmallTank

Post by SmallTank »

Lovely work Glenn
Gssixgun

Post by Gssixgun »

matt321 wrote:Beautiful!
(I've never heard of 3M Tri-M-Ite before. Looks a little pricey.)
The 3M works almost as well as the Micromesh

You get 2 sheets of each grit for the $12 which would be about 8 sheets of Micromesh sized paper of each grit so cost wise it is a bit better.. Now length of use ???? The Micromesh works quite well for many razors, I just tossed my very first set of this 3M stuff away after 10 razors so you would be looking at around 80 razors of use...
Yeah I did that math right LOL

Not a bad deal I guess, I won't be giving up on Micromesh though, as I think it works better on Acrylic/G-10 and this works better on Horn, Bone, and Vintage Scales
Always Very Respectfully

Glen
brothers

Post by brothers »

Glen, thanks for bringing these projects here. I wish I could do work like this. I know it takes a lot of experience and the right tools for the job.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444