Odd Request for Help

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Odd Request for Help

Post by TRBeck »

Gents,

I have acquired various straights over the last few years on eBay, forums, etc. I don't know much about them, and I don't recall the particulars on those I purchased. I'm going to be selling them, and I want to make sure I'm not foolishly overpricing (or, I guess, underpricing) them. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me out via PM or here with identifying a handful of straights? I don't mean to beg help in making money. I just need to unload some things and pay for an unexpected expense, and these straights aren't seeing use. I want them to go to a good home at a fair price but don't know how to make it happen.

PM if you would be willing to help me out by looking at some pics and giving me some idea of value.

Thanks.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Tim I would consult with the guys over on straightrazorplace.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tim, if it were me, I'd do a few things. I'd search on ebay where the razors are flowing in and out like a river. Run an advanced search for current and expired sales. I'd also browse around on google. I'd do exactly what Squire has suggested too. Hit SRP and start a new topic with tons of photos of the razors in question so the guys can give you the help you are seeking. Good luck!

Edit: regarding the razors you've bought, using Paypal, keep in mind that Paypal archives are still available on every transaction you've ever conducted on Paypal. With that resource, you can absolutely identify what you paid on every one. Unless you've got hundreds of SRs, it shouldn't be hard.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
whitebar

Post by whitebar »

FYI, SRP doesn't allow discussion of razor values so you'll need to find another approach. I'd follow Gary's advise and look at your paypal records. Good luck with your sale!
-Stephen
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Thanks for the input, guys. I will check my old Paypal info. and piece together what I can.

I understand that values are all relative. I just mostly want to have accurate listings for what these razors are.

Anyway, I appreciate the thoughts you guys have given me.

Best,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tim, if they sell too fast, then you're too low. If they sell at all, your prices were just right, and of course, obviously if they don't sell, lower the price and run it again! :lol: Good luck, guy!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444