Shaving On a Cruise

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
matt321

Shaving On a Cruise

Post by matt321 »

I packed three straight razors, a shaving soap stick, a small paddle strop, and AS in luggage and flew Continental to Seattle. Boarded Holland America Westerdam and cruised north to Hubbard Glacier. I shaved every day and twice on formal dining nights. I ended up only using one razor and I even loaned that one to a friend who used it to trim her hair a bit.

EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Matt, sounds like a wonderful relaxing trip. Yeah, whenever I've traveled I've taken the full straight razor gambit with me. I even take multiple blades (only two though) just in case. Like you I only use one because travel is usually not long enough to justify using more than one. Unless you're gone a month or more you likely won't need to hone and in that case you've got the second blade to use.

Glad you enjoyed yourself and didn't need to compromise on the quality of your shave.

Chris
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Nothing like a shaving story - inside a travelogue.

Sounds like you had a good time --- at least the thought of shaving on ship, then traipsing up onto the deck to feel the brace of the wind on your face is inspiring if nothing else. Ah the sea air!
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?