Drat! I dropped my razor into the sink today.

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
Short Round

Drat! I dropped my razor into the sink today.

Post by Short Round »

Yup, I made it about three weeks with my razor. I shaved today and was wiping my razor down with a dab of mineral oil to avoid rust and I got butterfingered.

I dropped the razor about 12 inches into the sink.
For an old fat guy I have darned quick reflexes to catch dropped things but I didn't even move a muscle in attempt to catch an open razor. I guess basic safety prevailed in that moment.

I now have a serrated blade. :evil: I bet it can be fixed as all the damage is at the tip transition to the blade. Two small chips, one about the size of a flax seed and the other about the size of a sesame seed. I'm still sick over it.
Tom
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

That's terrible. You have my sympathy. I've never dropped a razor, but I did drop a $4000 oboe once and chipped it. Although it still played well (just as your razor probably will still shave well), it never looked as beautiful again to me as it once did.
_______
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tom, as you pointed out, there was no loss of blood, and that's a very good thing.
Last edited by brothers on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Short Round

Post by Short Round »

Wow, a $4000 oboe that's certainly an order higher in aw damns. I love the sound of the oboe, very pleasing to the ear. On the other extreme I also love the saxaphone.

thanks Gary, I'm not sure if I was just smart/afraid to catch it or knew full well the surgery to repair muscles and tendons would cost more than the razor. Not to mention the lost time at work.

Still saddens me though.
Tom
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Gulp -- good no-catch. :shock:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

That's a shame Tom, but, it seems the only damage is reparable.
Regards,
Squire
pinklather

'Been hearing alot of these lately.

Post by pinklather »

Depending on where and how big any chips are, Glen (gssixgun) has done some serious magic. I just looked for and couldn't find the thread of a Helje near wedge that he rescued w/ amazing results. This was a blade the owner had me hone. I cringed when I hear it lost about 3/8 of the toe end of the edge.

'Hope your damage is recoverable in similar fashion.

'Very smart for not trying to catch the falling blade.