Feather Artist Club or Whipped Dog

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Just a question -- based on a presumption. Whipped Dog doesn't supply ready-to-shave straights, am I correct?
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

I believe Larry does indeed supply shave-ready razors. Here's a link to his last post: http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
scareyourpassenger

Post by scareyourpassenger »

scareyourpassenger wrote:I just got my first whipped dog straight. A Pic razor from Germany. 1st shave , I took it easy and just did my cheeks.

I upped it to two passes and my entire face today. I did pretty well but have the proof that I am new to this! 3 clean cuts, two of which were because I didn't watch the tip which was just as shave ready as the rest of the blade. I think I may need to tame some of the edges as the shoulder managed to damage the surface of the strop a bit.
Well, I had my 6th shave and I am starting to wonder why I decided this would be a good idea. My hair is dulling the blade faster than the strop can fix on its own. When it is sharp I can't get near the shave I get with my feather de and feather blade combo.