Which straight razor did you use today?

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
evnpar

Re: Which straight razor did you use today?

Post by evnpar »

1.1.16DarkRose-1.jpg
1.1.16DarkRose-1.jpg (453.97 KiB) Viewed 8338 times
Ali's Blade Chopper 65 8/8
brothers

Post by brothers »

Wow, what a beautiful razor!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pundi64

Post by pundi64 »

Got this razor today, and just couldn't resist had to give it a try. Smooth as bloody silk, clean cutter, very nice shave.
Attachments
untitled.pngMy Razor #2.png
untitled.pngMy Razor #2.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 8299 times
untitled.png4.png
untitled.png4.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 8299 times
brothers

Post by brothers »

Had a great shave this morning with the old W&B Sheffield 5/8 engraved razor. It's somewhat of a stub-tail, which means it's probably from the early 1800s or so. It would have to be later than about 1820, because that's approximately when R. Wade joined up with Mr. Butcher. This blade came from a flea market in Mesquite TX a few years ago, and was refurbished in Idaho by Glen (gssixgun), with faux tortoise scales.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today's razor was the old full wedge 5/8 W&B in the original blonde horn scales. I've definitely got to work on the edge on this one. If yesterday's shave was a 9, then today's was a 4. It pulled and didn't cut well.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Haven't used a straight razor since my last post above. I'm going through a phase where the maintenance and associated processes are taking on a burdensome taint, and I'm just not motivated (too lazy) to do it any more and I don't care. :D . . . 'shrug'. I've got a couple of double edge razors that are blowing my mind every day, and it's way too easy and too much fun to use them.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

pundi64 wrote:Got this razor today, and just couldn't resist had to give it a try. Smooth as bloody silk, clean cutter, very nice shave.
I just noticed you didn't identify the source of this pretty razor. I'm guessing it's a custom?
Gary

The Shave Lion

Post by The Shave Lion »

I used a wade and butcher Joseph Allen & sons from sheffield england today. stirling sandpiper shave soap and aftershave.
cooper_odry

Post by cooper_odry »

axe :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm updating my last post of February 2016. It's been that long since I used a straight razor. This morning's shave was delivered by an old W.Greaves & Sons, sometime between 1816 and 1830. It's a good shaver.

Last edited by brothers on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Today's straight razor was shave #2 in a row with the W.Greaves & Sons antique razor.

PS: I have no idea what's happening to several of my recently posted photos. :D Obviously operator error!
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Red Imp Wedge
SOTD Red Imp Wedge 11Feb2018.jpg
SOTD Red Imp Wedge 11Feb2018.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 4173 times
Red Imp Wedge
Last edited by brothers on Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

Legman

Post by Legman »

Today’s Razor was with a PumavGold 6/8. Smooth as silk.
laxalt

Post by laxalt »

665 Toyo
I like hungarian grand prix com. It is one of the most played card game in the world. I prefer playing with no download and no registration. I don't really like playing against a dealers.
Maladroit

Post by Maladroit »

I made do with a Dickenson's Invicta 5/8 this morning. In my opinion, one of the better English razors ever made.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Welcome, Mike!
I used a 7/8 Livi damasteel with ebony scales, my favourite Omega boar, Coates Almond cream, a small Moss scuttle,, and followed with Coral Skinfood and Geurlain Mouchoir de Monsieur.

"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Oscar11

Post by Oscar11 »

6/8 Grelot
L&L Grooming Original
homemade small knotted "rat" brush in pure
Myrsol Limon

Very nice shave this morning. Have a good one.
Oscar11

Post by Oscar11 »

5/8 Full Concave Bengall
Tabac
homemade brush - SynBad knot
Tabac AS

Nice shave with some good English steel.
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

I've been so good these many months and you all have haul out the temptation shots.

Blast it! I'm going to hang in there an not buy anything.

Chris
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I've a pretty clear idea of what my favourite razors are by now, and I really ought to release a couple of hundred less-favoured razors back onto the market. Fly, my pretties! Fly!
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace